Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who's all running Ford for power ?

RaysonKid
    I took that picture several years ago. At one of the GoodGuys carshows at the Puyallup fair grounds.
    I 'm not sure if I have any of the whole car.
    Seem to remember there was two of them.
    Side by side, one yellow the other black.
    Both with monster Ford motors.

Since I brought up NHRA in the above post I thought I would add that NHRA has banned the planned Top Fuel engine Ford was going to develop for the 2004 season. NHRA told Ford they would be wasting their time and money because they would never approve this engine for competition. I guess NHRA is becoming another NASCAR or IROC, nothing but cookie-cutter cars that are all identical. :yuk:

Kindsvater Flat
    Originally posted by RLM62
    That would be the one. How'd you do that? I can drive the boat better than this computer.
    Is this Rick? If so how is Juniors conversion coming along?

waterloged
    O58, What was ford going to do for the top fuel deal? I haven't heard of this yet.

Originally posted by waterloged
    O58, What was ford going to do for the top fuel deal? I haven't heard of this yet. Ford was looking into developing the Boss engine for top fuel. They tinkered with them in the late 60s and very early 70s. The 2nd generation Boss heads have been refined and have a few different combustion chamber designs. Th T/F engine would of course use a full hemispherical combustion chamber as thats what works best with nitromethane. They aleady have the parts on the shelf for development including billet heads. Personally I think they would have an uphill battle considering the K-B/426 has 40 years of development in top fuel but it sure would make for some interesting racing in the fuel car ranks. Leave it to NHRA to not allow it, its no wonder Ford puts very little into dragracing, the deck is stacked against them.

HotHallet
    Running a 460 in my old Hallett bubble deck. Had a 460 when purchased. Freshened up that old motor and ran it for two seasons. I am currently building a 501 c.i. BBF with a Weiand tunnel ram topped with two 600 Holley double pumpers. The motor has an Eagle crank and rods, SRP 9.6:1 pistons, Edelbrock aluminum heads, and a Lunati hydraulic flat tappet camshaft. An MSD ignition will spark things up. The block is .030 over. I have my old 460 for sale. It is a turn key reliable motor with a Torker manifold and Holley carb with Bassett scoop. Has good solid stock internals with an Isky 280 Mega cam. 1,000 obo Travis 310-344-2555.

Originally posted by LakesOnly
    I'd like to see some more 385 Series 429/460 engines in some newer v-drives.
    LO
    Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I've seen several .
    Me too. We hope to get out there again this summer with the little 'ol 429.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../41429-med.jpg

RLM62
    Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
    Is this Rick? If so how is Juniors conversion coming along?
    This is Rich. Juniors boat is coming along kinda slow. Might be done by mid summer. How would a guy go about getting on one of your vids?

rrrr
    Originally posted by HotHallet
    1,000 obo Travis 310-344-2555.
    Spammer!!
    I like this thread. The BBC is like WalMart, everywhere you look. I enjoy having something a bit different, something that people look at and think "Hmmmmmm, this guy is either a lone wolf or an idiot..."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast