Is it just my proffesion and area, or is it getting common.
Here is the deal, I am a carpenter and am getting worried about my future. Seems these "Amish" people are moving in and taking over. They underbid everyone and do crappy work, but since they are sooo cheap the builders use them. Another framing carpenter told me that he was building houses in another area for right around 10,000 a piece. He said the Amish built the same one for 6,000 and he was then out of a job.
They use their religion to screw everyone else and that's IT.
I have heard they pay NO taxes, NO workers comp, NO unemployement, ETC ETC, How is this fair ?
These guys use cell phones, electric, and they even have a fu$$ing CRANE. I have never been so pissed. They need to take that 2 hour drive back home and STAY THERE !!
And since when was it legal to have an 8 year old on a construction site USING power tools ?!?
So they say by using modern technology that they will go to hell? Then why can they pay someone to drive for them.
My religion says I can't commit murder, would it be okay to pay someone to do it for me ?
Any info on this appreciated, I need to get me facts straight before raising hell to whoever will listen. What is the tax deal?
Thanks