Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panther vs. Berkeley

Cas
    Originally posted by tmalneritch
    I just purchased a 81 Apache with a 360 AMC and Panther Jet. Thinking about upgrading the jet drive--Berkeley seems to be the "hot" item. Is the montary investment worth changing the Panther to a Berkeley, or, is the Panther OK? Any comments/ suggestion?
    Depends on what you want to do with the boat.
    If you're wanting to go 90+ mph, a Panther probably isn't your best choice. If you're wanting a real good realiable boat that will take you to 65-70, stick with what you've got.
    Changing out the Panther for a Berk will be very time consuming and/or very expensive. You'd probably be better off selling what you have and just buying a boat with a Berk already.
    I currently have3 boats, a Bahner with a Berk and 2 Tahiti's with Panther pumps.
    I'm very pleased with the way the Panthers perform. I've also had a Berk JC and a JG in other boats I've had to compare them to.
    If you want to read some info on the Panthers, just click on the Classic Hot Boats forum link beneath my name.
    BTW Littlewood, there's quite a few guys running Panthers with 500+ HP and some in the 700+ range.

Cas
    Hey Bahner, How about we set a Panther and a Berk side by side on the ground to see which one is quicker.

Originally posted by tmalneritch
    I just purchased a 81 Apache with a 360 AMC and Panther Jet. Thinking about upgrading the jet drive--Berkeley seems to be the "hot" item. Is the montary investment worth changing the Panther to a Berkeley, or, is the Panther OK? Any comments/ suggestion?
    Hey Tom, I got your message this evening, it was a long weekend. I'll give you a buzz in the morning. I would leave the pump in there and do a engine swap when that one gets tired. Its not broke so dont fix it. Run it for the season and see how you like it, you might not want to swap. Talk to you later.
    F.J.

1Bahnerjet
    Originally posted by Cas
    Hey Bahner, How about we set a Panther and a Berk side by side on the ground to see which one is quicker.
    Quicker & Faster being two different things, While sittin' on the Ground I would say the Berkeley with a Droop would get to the Finish line first because its Longer than a Panther.
    Anyone who has seen "Go Wild"(the Panther Promo Movie) knows who is Quicker & Faster.

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
    Hey that's an old Pyramid Posse boat. Have lots of fun with it.
    must be a lurker, one post so far
    Pretty fair question and answers

pops1
    Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
    Quicker & Faster being two different things, While sittin' on the Ground I would say the Berkeley with a Droop would get to the Finish line first because its Longer than a Panther.
    Anyone who has seen "Go Wild"(the Panther Promo Movie) knows who is Quicker & Faster.
    I am still amazed at the Old Ads and details you guy's keep-
    Its all great history!
    POPs -

littlewood
    Panther Man you are right. The only way a Panther and a Berkeley would be close to equal would be on the ground. Put them both in the water "no contest". As far as the 700 HP, that's about 450 HP wasted on a Pussy Cat.

Cas
    troll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12