Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What pump?

Jet Hydro
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    But I've been lurking on the jet section for a long time now and paying attention to what has been said / proven / and not proven..
    If I was going to build an all out race boat I think I'd go with an aggressor setup. That's for my own personal reasons though..
    RD
    Mad impellers to you RD

DiverDown
    I am just a humble engine builder who is learning as fast as I can about jet boats and pumps, but I must say that the bowl and housing posted by "Jungle Boy" is the trickest thing I have seen yet along those lines. And as I am learning from all the boat guys that I am meeting, Awesome looking stuff is always worth a little more speed on the water!

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by toddnjuzz
    ive been hearing a bit of talk about legend being pretty good "out of the box"!
    I couldnt imagine who would be telling you this jizzman???Tto bad you are stuck using their parts since they are not interchangable with any other pump. Except the impeller of course. How they stay in business is beyond me...kinda like panther and jacuzzi.
    CHET

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by MikeF
    Water lubricated tail bearing!?
    Yea so whats the point?? last i knew water had less friction than oil thus the principal behind it.
    CHET

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by Jungle Boy
    when used with a good impeller (Precision Impeller) will gain 3 - 5 mph on our boats.
    hmmm...precision impeller....wonder if it's the same place that makes that billet inducer that HBjet warnes people about.....seems to destruct according to HBjet. Looks twice as nice as the dps one. How about the river boys using precision products.....interesting.
    CHET

HMMMM!

Jungle Boy
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli
    hmmm...precision impeller....wonder if it's the same place that makes that billet inducer that HBjet warnes people about.....seems to destruct according to HBjet. Looks twice as nice as the dps one. How about the river boys using precision products.....interesting.
    CHET
    Don't know about the inducer impellers coming apart. I have not heard of one being damaged before. I do know that any impeller will self distruct under the right (or wrong) conditions. Loading and unloading a pump does bad stuff to things spinning at 6000 RPM. There is a lot of improvement that remains untapped in the pump & impeller department. Remember that 99% of jet pumps were developed 20+ years ago to run 350 hp through them, not 800 / 1000 hp. The same stuff happened in hot rods back in the late 50s and 60s. Things keep improving as time goes on. People like Rob Chrunyk at Eagle and Dave at Agressor understand this and are working to improve pumps, but R&D costs money and takes time. In the mean time we just keep going out there and wreck shit and buy more shit to keep the cash flow coming in.
    A nessessary evil.

HammerDown
    Originally posted by ChetCapoli
    CHET
    My friend had 1 of those Impellers...and it completly seperated from the outer ring. I've seen it first had. This was several years ago... I'm NOT saying this will STILL happen with the current ones. I just know he won't buy from them again.

Jungle Boy
    We seen it too. We are now drilling and installing small set screws to secure it in place. I had a Berkley impeller modified with the outer ring set screwed in place and it's worked good.

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by Jungle Boy
    Don't know about the inducer impellers coming apart. I have not heard of one being damaged before.
    That's interesting jungleboy. Well we'll have to update your bookmark mister! HB!! HB!!where are ya buddy???
    There something going around about a patient on these and no one is allowed to a make them aside from DPS brand? I looked at them both(inducer study, floor 101) and there is no comparison. Precisions is a step above....less expensive to boot!
    Remember that 99% of jet pumps were developed 20+ years ago to run 350 hp through them, not 800 / 1000 hp.
    HB!! HB!!! Are you reading this??? I think he means berkeley buddy!! LMAO!
    NEWSFLASH!! Attn:HBJet NEWSFLASH!!
    Things keep improving as time goes on. People like Rob Chrunyk at Eagle and Dave at Agressor understand this and are working to improve pumps, but R&D costs money and takes time
    Better watch your tongue around here with that talk! HB's gonna be looking for you!
    seriously, your AOK in my book jungle boy.
    CHET

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast