Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tires... help!

Jordy
    Originally posted by Froggystyle
    I am running mud terrains right now and love them. Kindof spendy though.
    I have run BFG mud terrains on my last 2 trucks with great sucess. The mileage isn't great, but if you rotate them often they'll see 35,000+. My last set was upwards of 30K on them, then I threw the Edge/Attitude box on the truck and smoked them in a hurry. With the new ones on there now I tend to be a little more gentle.
    I also will only buy tires from Discount. Their certificates have saved me time and time again. From what I've seen they're pretty much a no questions asked kind of replacment deal too, that is, as long as you have measurable tread on the tires. From what I remember the tires were around $170 per tire for 285/75R16's.

hoolign
    Think I might try the costco route,gotta buy them tommorow!
    then off to bloody work till break up
    thanks for the input

al cole'holic
    Try getting a price from Tires Buy Mark on Topanga in the SFV...I have used him for many years for a lot of different tires and we still can't figure out how he does it with the prices...
    (818) 992-0580 talk to Mark only

Starloans
    My fav is Discount Tire. I'm running Goodyear Wrangler ATS 305/70/16 which is about the same as 33s so the installer says. They seem to have a little wider footprint than the BFGs. I have heard and seen in print that the BFGs are the best. Here is Discount Tire (http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/home.jsp). Click on "already know your size" and you should get both the BFGs and Goodyears.

Mandelon
    I put BFGs on my truck due to the camper I carry and they are good tires, but I hear you on the price!!
    If you have a Discount tire nearby they sell a tire called the "Pathfinder." They are BFG All Terrain copies and I used to get 60,000 miles out of them.

Jungle Boy
    Jeff,
    Do know Pat's cousin, Scott Defrece. He's trying a set of new tires out that Don's Tire lined him out with. It's the first set that have been tried of this type. He's not quite running as harsh roads as you are, but last I heard he was happy with them. Give him a call.
    Happy working till spring.

GASHGAZER
    I run Nitto 35" and have gotten about 25k miles on them and they still look brand new. I had the BFG's KO's, but running across the hot desert just melted that soft rubber right off at around 45k. The Nitto's have a nice tread and I have yet to be stranded. I am a Surveyor, so my terrain varies by day and job. If you're local to OC, go to Tucker Tire, in Laguna Niguel or I think there is one in Covina too, nobody beats the price or service...

hoolign
    Hey Dave
    yeah I know scotty I'll see if I can find his number,P.m me if you have it handy
    happy working till spring
    frickin mud up to my ass in a week or two ,then drink beer for a month,then sweat my ass off,
    then up to ass in mud..then freeze
    one big viscious cycle
    workin up that goddamn willow creek road in hinton to boot
    hows the rig runnin for ya now,I remember you were a tad stressed for a bit

25 Eagle
    I run the KO's and with 30K look like new.

Sleek-Jet
    All the off-roaders around here run BFG's because of the stronger side-walls. I imagine we run in the same stuff you do Hooligan, mud with lots of rocks and debris in it, perfect to snag a spinning side-wall.
    The Moab bunch likes 'em for the softer rubber compound, although you do give up some milage over the lifetime of the tire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast