Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lavey's Catalina Invasion

Sun burners
    Sunday February 29TH this is my 3year anniversery!
    Maybe I can work in a getaway to Catalina???

SCOPE
    Originally posted by LaveyOne
    SCOPE,
    Thanks. Have run in the last three of your Long Beach Poker Runs with the other Laveys and it is by far, the most extreme P.R. there is. It's pretty hairy running along side you big boyz in your 38'+ boats in the ocean.
    BTW, when is the run this year? I heard it was moved to a Saturday. True? And when is Bob's Kick-off party? We didn't go last year because of the rain. It looked like quite a bash!!!
    Great!!! Lot's of fun huh? HEY!!! Not everyone in the club has 38'+ boats!! The 2003 club president (Jim Dunphy) has a 29 foot Scarb, and this year's pres had one too, but got a new 38 at last year's poker run.
    Check out our schedule. Lots of fun activities if you like boating! The Kick-Off party is different this year and is at Joe's Garage. Details will be coming up soon. If you were at the poker run last year, you might remember that is was all videoed in HD. Well....the premire of the video will be at the kickoff party in HDTV!!! Bob's party was off the hook last year. You should have come out in the rain. It was awesome.
    Hope to see you soon.....

Havasu Cig
    We will definitely be doing the SCOPE run this year. Doing runs on the lake in the Top Gun is kind of boring, but the Ocean is a whole different ball game.
    BTW: Nice videos you guys posted on OSO.

SCOPE
    Hey Lavey Guys........here ya go!!! Doesn't suck huh?
    http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/2003.../SCOPE_005.jpg

Steamin' Rice
    LaveyOne..
    There are three guys on the board of directors of SCOPE this year (myself included) with single engine boats that are less than 30' long.... There are a lot of guys with 38's, but there are also a lot of under 30' boats out there.
    Hopefully you can make it to some of the events besides the poker run and check it out... There is a SCOPE Catalina run on Sat March 13...

LaveyOne
    I know there were some smaller boats out there. Hell, we brought four of the few under 30'. But it's a blast just to be beside the big toys and aspire to "grow up" someday.
    I usually boat in Havasu where a 2750 is on the larger side of the scale (or used to be). But running along side the Big Dogs definitely puts "size" into perspective.
    I think it's called "HORSEPOWER ENVY!!!"
    SCOPE, thanks for the pic. Great shot !!! Does that mean that the party is on Friday nite or after the run??? Anything planned for Sunday? Also received the SCOPE e-mail. You guys are running on Sat. while we're going on Sunday. Would've been nice to meet up.

WILD LAVEY
    looks like its going to be a sunny day on sunday. cant wait.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456