Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who knows fords

HCS
    I know my FORDS!

j-rod
    Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
    I know my FORDS!
    I heard they suck!
    just kidding, I would mine having a new ford or chevy! (GMC)

NOTALENT
    what type of tranny is in it? if it is a 3spd non overdrive u may have to change that out..and also since ur going to a v8 u will have to change out the ecu/computer. It is totaly not worth it. just for a long block you are looking at a jobber price of around 2199.00 plus core...I work for ATK Engines. All pepboys kragen autozone and thousands of shops around the country get there engines through us..if you give me the year make and model I can get u a price tommorow both retail and shop..Best if u know a mechanic who will buy it for u and wont mark up the price..but let me know..

MsDrmr
    sorry if I did not make myself clear, he has a ford F150 V6 and wants to swap the engine out for more towing power, we are looking at getting a 5th wheel and according to someone at a trailer place, they said his towing capacity is low.... thats why he wants to possibly keep the truck and just swap engines.

MagicMtnDan
    Sheesh - it sounds like you need to lift your truck up and drive a whole new one underneath it
    You probably could use a 250 or even a 350 chassis for heavy-duty towing and weight capacity. And a larger engine, heavier-duty transmission, would be the norm.
    Seriously, it sounds like there's almost nothing in your truck that's usable for the job you want it to do. Sell it and buy a new one. :frown:

Fiat48
    Trade the truck. Or maybe put a chip in it. Smog laws being what they are, engine must match original.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by mrsdrmr
    sorry if I did not make myself clear, he has a ford F150 V6 and wants to swap the engine out for more towing power, we are looking at getting a 5th wheel and according to someone at a trailer place, they said his towing capacity is low.... thats why he wants to possibly keep the truck and just swap engines.
    ford didn't put a v6 in a truck, probably a 300 straight six in that case the trans is the same a v8, just pull a v8 out of the same year, get the wiring harness and the ecu, and some motor mounts and a different rad and you will be set.

Kilrtoy
    save YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND SPEND THE CASH FOR A NEW TRUCK

bordsmnj
    ok so you get a new truck for a fifth wheel and realize how bad gas milage sucks even with the V10. if you look at all the fifth wheels you see rolling down the road you'll notice they're all diesel. mega torque ,good milage a bigger chassis(f250 or bigger) would be a much better way to go.

sam pioske
    Annnnnnddd Don't forget the front springs to carry the wieght,
    don't do it- Bud! If a new one is out, trade for one to tow that >03 c worth, from been there done that,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast