Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Refuge at Havasu

SoCalOffshore
    Well, finally after dicking around for several months. I decided to buy a lot at the Refuge. I have a nice river, mountain and fairway view. Has anyone else been out there??

TCHB
    I went and looked around at the lots. It is going to be a very nice place. How does the golf membership work?

SoCalOffshore
    max members at 362 or so. Initiall deposit about $32,000 and refundable when you sell. The club house should be open within 2 months. They are building some really nice houses out there now.

RJ Nordic
    We looked there toward the end of September. Personally I felt it was a little high for the area. Not sure Havasu property values and economy will support that kind of development.
    What I saw had lots at 150K and up and homes in the 300K - 400 K so for that kind of $ for Havasu without a good lake view, high association dues, expensive buy in for golf ????

framer1
    I bought a lot there about 6 weeks ago, I think it's a great deal. I plan on building in about 2 years. Have a house in Canterberry estate now. Only thing I don't like is you have to use one of 6 builder to build your house. I have not checked it out personally but I heard the going price is 140 per foot. At that price there better be some major upgrades. The real estate lady show us a 3000 ft. house that sold for close to a million

Sandbar Mike
    Originally posted by RJ Nordic
    We looked there toward the end of September. Personally I felt it was a little high for the area. Not sure Havasu property values and economy will support that kind of development.
    What I saw had lots at 150K and up and homes in the 300K - 400 K so for that kind of $ for Havasu without a good lake view, high association dues, expensive buy in for golf ????
    I agree
    Where is the nearest launch ramp? We looked in there, the place looks very nice, Just too far of a drive to launch.

SoCalOffshore

boxscore
    We took the tour of the place as well. If it had a private marina/launch, it would be THE place to buy. too bad it doesn't. Heard a rumour another golf course devleopment is going in further north. I suppose their sellin' a lot of lots. Also, those builders who are authorized to build there have bought up gobs of the lots as well.

THOR
    How many golf course developments are there now? That is sweet. I would love to play a round early then hit the water.

Essex502
    We looked at the development and almost bought a lot until we did the math on the builders...by having to use one of their six builders the cost of the house itself is double or more than building in town. Average cost when talking to the builders themselves was over $150 sq/ft where in town very good builders are no more than $100 sq.ft. Of course the details like appliances used and fixtures and windows and whatever can be adjusted to lower or raise the $150 per sq. ft. figure but the reality is that the builders have a captive audience that has to use them...so..we bought another very nice lot for a little less and are in the process of looking at floor plans and models.
    The typical house in The Refuge will be $500M or more to construct including lot.
    Great looking development but not good value - yet. If you can buy and hold the lot for a couple of years you might make good money. But, if you want to buy and build immediately then be prepared for serious bucks. For a vacation home - not in my plans to spend quite that much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast