Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Big Ford vs. Big Chevy vs. Big Mopar

Blown 472
    I like 392's, one in an old flat would kick ass. or an old hydro or and v drive would be cool.

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
    While I did once lift a totally stripped 2-rotor 13B in my arms, it was easily more than 100lbs. My guess for the 6-rotor would be much nearer to 400lbs.
    650cc/rotor -> 2 rotor = 1300cc, "B" style = 13B
    6 x 650cc = 40b
    As for the weight, it will depend on accessories and housing choices.

Originally posted by Tom Brown
    650cc/rotor -> 2 rotor = 1300cc, "B" style = 13B
    6 x 650cc = 40b
    As for the weight, it will depend on accessories and housing choices.
    OOPS. I misread your original post and was thinking 40lbs not 40B as in engine size.http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/b.../smackhead.gif

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by 058
    the BBF was the top hp/torque producer over the 2nd place Chevy in the "Engine Masters" contest sponsored by Popular Hotrodding Mag. Among the many rules...
    I'd like to add: 50 entries, only 5 of them Fords, and at least three in the top ten were BBF's. Why was it again that I should get a chevy???
    LO

Danhercules
    Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
    OOPS. I misread your original post and was thinking 40lbs not 40B as in engine size.http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/b.../smackhead.gif
    I finnaly get to talk some #I$^.
    12 A
    13 B
    20 G
    The six rotor? 40 ? Who knows what letter.
    I like the new Renix (sp) Rotary thats in the RX-8.

SJ Valley Dave
    NHRA does stipulate no overhead cam engines in TF or FC. That does in the old 427 Ford SOHC cammers that were popular in the 60's and early 70's. I understand their biggest downfall were the long cam chains

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by Danhercules
    I finnaly get to talk some #I$^.
    12 A
    13 B
    20 G
    The six rotor? 40 ? Who knows what letter.
    I like the new Renix (sp) Rotary thats in the RX-8.
    Every 3 rotor Mazda I've seen uses the B rotors/housings with the 3 rotor eccentric shaft. That makes them 20B engines.
    The new style housings are interesting for a number of reasons but higher compression makes them less suitable for turbo charging.
    RX-8 engine = Renesis

Danhercules
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    Every 3 rotor Mazda I've seen uses the B rotors/housings with the 3 rotor eccentric shaft. That makes them 20B engines.
    The new style housings are interesting for a number of reasons but higher compression makes them less suitable for turbo charging.
    RX-8 engine = Renesis

Your right about useing the same rotors and houseings, but that dose not make it a 20B. I dont know why, buts its called a 20G.
    The Renesis (thanks ) used side exhaust ports instead of the traditonal pariphial (sp). Makes for less over lap too. Easier to smog. I did not know about the compression though.

Tom Brown
    Dan, I apologize for being argumentative but I believe you are incorrect with regard to rotary engine naming.
    Here is a cutaway of a 20B engine as scanned from a Mazda Trix document:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rotaryeng/20b.jpg
    Vast quantities of information from the Aircraft Rotary Engine Newsletter (ACRE NL) can be found here:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rotaryeng/ACRE.html

Originally posted by SJ Valley Dave
    NHRA does stipulate no overhead cam engines in TF or FC. That does in the old 427 Ford SOHC cammers that were popular in the 60's and early 70's. I understand their biggest downfall were the long cam chains The chains could be a problem but the biggest drawback running those engines in T/F was the need to retime the cams every teardown. Makes for a Chinese fire drill between rounds. Another engine that was outlawed by NHRA was the OHC Mc Gee [s/p?]T/F engine.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast