Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Bikes

HOSS
    Word to the wise: MIC THE SLIDE FIRST! I`m a dumbass. Don`t drill the front more than 9/16! After the slide 5/8 is ok but might want to go a tad smaller because of fuel vain. Screams like a bitch but ZERO idle and very little throttle control. Only at the top. Deffinatley lean now! I am going to bush the front half of the venturi and play with different size bores.

HOSS
    Front half doesn`t work. Bushing still able to spin thereby would cause slide to hang up. Now just using 5/8 copper tubing to sleeve the whole body. Drilled out to 9/16. Idle screw willhold pipe from spinning inside of carb. I hope.

HOSS
    Much better idea! Order new carb and drill to 9/16 and say **** this bullshit.

HOSS

HOSS
    Talked to Ron and its gonna be about 2 weeks till I can get a carb. Good news is they should be about 20 bucks ea.

Kim Hanson
    Thats cool Hoss..........( . )( . ).........
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_0356-med.jpg

HOSS
    Thanks bro! I`m having hell welding my spindle brakets on my go kart right now. Alignment sucks with mild box tubing.

CrazyHippy
    9/16 is a bit much too.
    Cant get it to idle below way to ****ing fast... Damn
    BJH

HOSS
    Damn! I`m going to mic the slide channel to see what It can be. I know the top of the channel is 9/16 but tapers a bit to slide size. Mic the slide go a bit under. I`m going to (aft of slide) take out 9/16 and do front half what I can. My phenolic is 5/8. The step down will give me velocity and not necessarily volume. Any lick on milling the jug yet? I haven`t touched exhaust port either. Found some springs. Little tighter. Haven`t tried yet. Will post manufacturer`s name and numbers when I find a good combo.

CrazyHippy
    Took .050 off the cyl. Pulls harder in the mid range, but nothing groundbreaking. Need to take some more.
    BJH

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast