Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Bikes

HOSS
    Be cool on the carb. I`ve got a fix. You`re gonna have to use a 5/8 countersunk bit. Not a UniBit! Countersunk. I use them because you have 5 cutting blades instead of 2 like a drill bit. Copper tubing is your fix. Drill 5/8 out of the front only! Not all the way to the slide. 1/2 copper tubing is 5/8 OD. You will cut to length leaving about 1/8 sticking out the front to form your cone. You will do this in a vise with a socket or extension(short-snapon works great) and compress it in the vise to form cone. Demel smooth so choke will fit. Air filter cage will not allow it to pop out and it doesn`t matter IF it spins. Do not drill to the slide with the 5/8! That outa solve your problem. Take something( I use tip cleaners for welder) to open hole in jet. Make sure you set needle in slide to 5th and lowest setting thereby raiseing needle and allowing much more fuel. Go back with the 5/8 as far as you can but DO NOT go to slide. Remember the slide is round so the front and back are closer and farther (respectfully) than is the sides. You`ll be able to save this one!
    I`ll take measurements and post them later as too how far back you can go.

HOSS
    I`m going to experiment with different carbs form Stihl, Shindaiwa, Echo, and maybe Toro. I would love to play with and 80 carb and may just do that with a KX donor. That way I can rob the entire throttle assembly. I oughta be moving more than enough cfm then.

CrazyHippy
    Great Idea Hoss!
    I'll get that thing sleeved yet.
    I looked at the carbs off of Go-Peds, 50 cc sit down scooters(2 and 4 stroke) and my lawnmower, but have not found anything that looks close.... I'll keep looking
    BJH

HOSS
    As lomg as it works on a slide type throttle and will pull more cfm. I can make my own spacer.
    Right now I`m just hurtin` from a serious crash and burn with my gokart. Gotta reweld my left spindle and get both left side rims. I really don`t know if my femur is broken yet. I`m out for tonight maybe.

HOSS
    Nothing broken except gokart. Extended left front spindle out 3 inches. No more flipping.

HOSS
    Took some measurements on the slide. It measures .552. That don`t give ya a whole lot to play with since the venturi is already 1/2 inch. I`ll take a bit out the front half and do some polish and mostly cone work and the back half I`ll go 9/16. My phenolic is already drilled to 5/8 with a little flow work on the backside. I`ll at least get velocity which if stand correct should increase my bottom and especially mid range. If I`m right then this should not adjust my power band. I am also starting on a velocity stack with small screen covering it. Anyone know what this will do on a 2 stroke? I`ve seen them on outboards.

CrazyHippy
    I sleeved the front half, then took a dremel to it, and smoothed from the very front edge till the slide.. it's now a giant funnel
    Between that and the compression/porting it pulls ALOT harder up top. Seems to be a bit lean now, and has a bit of a bog from a standing start. My Boss is a little tweaked, because it is faster than his sit down scooter thing now and it does 60KmH
    BJH

HOSS
    Did you adjust the needle yet? Also open the jet a bit. Does it idle ok?

waterloged
    Hay Hoss is your bike the 47 cc or the 49 cc ? I just ordered the 49 cc bike. Is it easy to find parts if I brake this thing?

HOSS
    47cc
    yes I can get all parts for both of them.
    I`m getting a wider back tire for mine.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast