Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Bikes

HOSS
    You can`t just remove the packing. You have to find a pipe to fit over tailpipe. I used an aluminum paint stick and cut it to fot perfectly in the cups for silencer. Then drilled a hole in back cup for oil and gases that get in silencer to escape. It WILL sound like a 125 then. But thats when you will get the full benefit from carb mods including fifth setting on slide needle. Miced everything I could and thats all I found to fit. Looks like I haven`t done anything to exhaust because silencer is still there. Yes louder but it unquestionably helped. Noticeable gain. I did my exhaust without carb mods and it got slower. With mods I walked away from my brother`s bike right off the line. You also say you drilled out the oil deflector? I just clip 4 plastic attaching pieces to it. Total removal.

waterloged
    Hoss I'm getting the 49cc one. Is there a differance between the two? O ya can you ride these on the street, if you have a halmut?

HOSS
    Not street legal and can`t be made legal either. Biggest difference is the fact that the full ferring bike comes with wheel barrel rims and tires. They sell quicker cause they are taller so people think they are getting a better deal. Reality- whatever floats your boat.

HOSS
    PACKINAIR? How is yours going?

CrazyHippy
    This is what I want my bike to run like!!
    http://www.pocketbike.com/images/wwwpbcom.mpg
    BJH

HOSS
    Can`t download it.

CrazyHippy
    Fixed it
    BJH

HOSS
    Not a problem. I can get a wheelie like he can just riding one takes balls. At least a helmet and leathers.
    The clutch is the real trick now. Then you could get a wheelie from the line.

CrazyHippy
    I'm pulling wheelies when it hits the powerband (sometimes not meaning too). Should I be trying sooner??
    BJH

HOSS
    Yes. Its all about balance. And for a small wheelbase such as this it takes balls, practice and balance. I`ve gone over guite a bit. Haven`t masterred it yet. Thats why I need tighter clutch springs. Won`t have to be going as fast. Speed hurts on concrete.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast