Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Slug finally ready for dyno.. motor pics

HEAVYBOAT
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    Wow what did I miss?
    I do not wish to compete with a race gas deal. You can have it by default. That is how much faith I have in your ability.
    Here is the part where I make excuses. Look again at the BSFC of my 7 lb dyno pull. It was jetted for 12 lbs. Way fat and on pump gas.
    And it was 970 HP
    WTF, speaking of faith.. I have none in your reading abilitys.
    For the beer challenge it was just "guessing my hp number" nothing more. When I reread my post it seems pretty clear?
    forget bout it, american beer is to weak for me anyway

HEAVYBOAT
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Dude, when are you going learn, world round the camp fire is there a throw together 502 in the 1000hp range.
    What size is that ford agian?
    How much boost did they run on the “thrown together 502” to make the 1000? I thought so… please drive through.
    "When am I gonna learn"
    My reason for posting this thread was to share my excitement with others pertaining to my new combo. Dyno day was coming and its always fun(well maybe not here) to guess peoples hp numbers before D day.

HEAVYBOAT
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Why would that matter on a blown dealio, the intake is under pressure.
    Someone told you it doesn’t matter? Dam Internet. lol
    Look harder, the ex flow numbers are listed as well. Intake flow numbers were there for intake to exhaust ratio calculations.
    When are you gonna learn?
    ps that confused smiley works well for you.

HEAVYBOAT
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    Wow what did I miss?
    Look again at the BSFC of my 7 lb dyno pull. It was jetted for 12 lbs. Way fat and on pump gas.
    And it was 970 HP
    And you’re bragging about that? Man, peoples phobias still astound me.. You can machine a block and assemble it, but your too intimidated to change jets? Let me know when your in the room again, I’ll get my sister to come help ya.

Infomaniac
    My reading abilities sucked last night HEAVYBOAT Had 14 of those pocket bikes show up and people waiting in line to buy them. I insist on putting them together and starting them before I let them go. I was pretty tired.
    Tell your sister if she would have been there maybe she could have figured out why the thing was not making the boost. Had 2 sets of pulleys. Was using the wet exhaust from the boat. An exhaust elbow blew off on every pull except one from the weight of the dyno room exhaust pipe. Was walking around in a 1/2" of water. Well I guess you had to be there. Was a bit frustrated.
    I can always fly up and help with yours. I operated 2 different dynos for a number of years.
    Ok lets start this thread over
    When is dyno day? Let me collect my thoughts and I will be happy to do the predict number beer thing . It would be fun.
    You might need to share a little more info about the engine.

Whether NA or "huffed" all engine have a "threshold" at which the aiflow of the head, with or without boost, reach maximum fill rate. Low to mid lift numbers are used to calculate camshaft profile. So from what you have listed I can tell you that the optimum split on duration for this engine is 8 degrees difference favoring the exhaust.
    Chris

MAXIMUS
    I have a question... What dyno will you be using? Will you load the motor down or let it flash to get those really good internet #'s? I see a lot of different results from dyno's & operators & it seems to me that the fashion is to flash & show huge #'s to make the customer happy!

superdave013
    I say the ****er will be way down on power.
    But come on bro, let's see the sister!

Hotcrusader76
    will someone please flash Dave the "sister". He's turning blue for crying out loud.

HEAVYBOAT
    Originally posted by MAXIMUS
    I have a question... What dyno will you be using? Will you load the motor down or let it flash to get those really good internet #'s? I see a lot of different results from dyno's & operators & it seems to me that the fashion is to flash & show huge #'s to make the customer happy!
    Ya, the dyno I use is all about misleading their customers.
    They even had 4 engines running at Daytona last weekend in the Busch race, and rumour is... his customers are pissed cause they ALSO must have got the INTERNET numbers your talking about.Yup.... they were told they should have had enough hp to get 20 more mph at Daytona then Dale Jr!!
    Its so tough finding a reputable dyno shop nowadays, they can trick us racers so dam easy….. cause we have no way of confirming what we were told.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast