Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Slug finally ready for dyno.. motor pics

Unchained
    Well it will be easy to prove me wrong.
    While the motors on the dyno run the new motor at the same 7 lb boost and rpm as the old one and see what it produces.
    By the way what is the lobe centers of your new cam as compared to the old one?
    If I'm wrong I'll send you a picture of a 12 pack of Molson's
    Mark

Fiat48
    Originally posted by Unchained
    Well it will be easy to prove me wrong.
    While the motors on the dyno run the new motor at the same 7 lb boost and rpm as the old one and see what it produces.
    By the way what is the lobe centers of your new cam as compared to the old one?
    If I'm wrong I'll send you a picture of a 12 pack of Molson's
    Mark
    Now THAT would be real interesting.

Infomaniac
    How much overdrive to get 7 lbs?
    My guess.
    1,073 HP @ 7,000 RPM if using 12% overdrive.
    A bit under your guess. I think that cam wil make power past 7,500. When is Dyno Day?

HEAVYBOAT
    I can get the 7 psi I promised for the comparison. I can set up 1 to 1 ,5% , 8%, 15% and 20. Under or over of course to get what we need.
    Actually I was originally planning on dynoing the slug yesterday, but I had some family come in town to see my newborn. I found some time today in the garage to install the drive,carb adapter,carbs and linkage on the new blower. Then when I drive up, probably Thurs or Fri, I'll just plunk the whole assembled abortion on the manifold, hook up the fuel lines and crank her up INFO style!!
    12 percent overdrive?. I wonder how much boost I would be making now at that overdrive. Last combo made right around 7 or 8 psi, so this yr.. I wouldnt be surprised to see 4 maybe 5 more (13 psi )or more with the strips and airlocs. Thats taking into consideration that the new heads are going to flow more therefore buiding less pressure in the intake.
    The extra 5 psi in theory should give me 150hp if the combo is there to support it. 940+150 =1090hp. emm not a bad guess you had there Info.
    If everything goes well, that 20percent overdrive is gonna finish off the dyno day..

MAXIMUS
    Originally posted by HEAVYBOAT
    Hey Havnothing47,
    Maybe just stick to training monkeys.
    My old combo with the street heads,cam and mild blower already made 940+ hp WITH 7PDS OF BOOST!!
    My guess with the new heads and new blower 1180hp
    Now he's calling you havnothing??? lol... I may have to kick it up a notch? I say run a "full race" intake lobe & a "3/4 race" exhaust lobe & quit screwing around with those small heads! That should make it run like a chevy then...
    Superdave I'm not sure I will ever step over to the dark side??? Then I would have to put a propeller on the back & then I would have nothing more to live for...

MAXIMUS
    So.... where waiting??? Where is the video & results... Inquiring minds wanna know!

HEAVYBOAT
    Originally posted by MAXIMUS
    So.... where waiting??? Where is the video & results... Inquiring minds wanna know!
    Gonna have to wait, they are worried the FORD 3/4 race cam might break their dyno, so they are ordering billet couplers and a forged bellhousing.
    I'm booked in for Friday morning. Its a bit of a drive, so it makes for a long day.
    Rick

Blown 472
    Gonna have to wait, they are worried the FORD 3/4 race cam might break their dyno, so they are ordering billet couplers and a forged bellhousing.
    I'm booked in for Friday morning. Its a bit of a drive, so it makes for a long day.
    Rick
    I bet they are.

MAXIMUS
    Rick
    Ok finally you lightend up a bit! Good humor too! Good luck to you & please do post. I am a ford guy...shhhhhhhh don't tell! Also for some fun slightly off topic but a good filler until we get some results, what the hell is a 1/2, 3/4, or full race cam & where did this ever start? Blown is that what u run down south?

HEAVYBOAT
    Originally posted by MAXIMUS
    Ok finally you lightend up a bit! Good humor too! Good luck to you & please do post. I am a ford guy...shhhhhhhh don't tell! Also for some fun slightly off topic but a good filler until we get some results, what the hell is a 1/2, 3/4, or full race cam & where did this ever start? Blown is that what u run down south?
    I have no idea what 3/4 race cam means.. I use to hear my Dad use the term when I was a kid. We all know someone old enough here that could probably fill us all in.
    INFO... help us out
    And from what I understand, budjet472 just drives a minivan and a torn apart junker boat.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast