Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Slug finally ready for dyno.. motor pics

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Rexone
    Full Race Cam = You were the baddest mofo in town. And the local speed shops best rear tire customer. No one but other full race status dudes would dare choose you off. Your car ran about 40% of the time... when something wasn't broken. You ran the loudest turbo muffers or glasspacks available at the time. Your parents garage looked like a scaled down wrecking yards engine parts room.
    3/4 Race Cam = You were moderately fast but not yet full race status. You were an expert at water burnouts comin around the corners and across the neighbor you hateds front lawn. You were also a regular on Sat nights on Whittier Bl revving your 3/4 race cam small block in neutral at the stop lights. You broke a few axels dropping your Cast Iron Powerglide into gear at 3000 rpm. That was on nights you didn't blow the oring out of the torque converter and leave your ATF in a large puddle running from under your immobile car.
    RV cam = You were a member or had at least submitted your application to the Good Sam Club and were the cheapest sob the guy at the Chevron station ever met in terms of the gas quality you'd always buy. Chevron Supreme was not your cup of tea and you used STP religeously for the better gas mileage Andy Granitelli had guaranteed you'd get on TV. You bought your STP at the swap meet along with your "seconds" OP shorts. You also had the latest spark enhancer installed on your coil tower and curb feelers installed on the passenger side of your car.
    LAMO.

Infomaniac
    Sorry to hear it did not go well HEAVYBOAT. Starving the blower for air? Ask BDS for the airflow numbers and compare to carb size. Relief valve set too loose?
    Easy fix --- Gear the car for 4,500 RPM

HEAVYBOAT
    Info, PM me your address so I can send the CANADIAN BEER, you wont believe how close your guess was. Unreal. Didnt you guess 1073?
    1063.6 hp at 6403 rpm 9.5 psi
    1010.1 ft pds at 4506 rpm
    It was making 931ft pds at 2900rpm
    Your lucky this slug was miss firing Info, the power was still climbing big time. You know... woulda coulda shoulda :wink:
    Working on the video and dyno sheets.For now heres a few pics. Notice I dyno with the muffs, only the real deal for me baby!
    http://66283.150m.com/TheHookup/rick%202.jpg
    http://66283.150m.com/TheHookup/rick4.jpg
    quote INFO
    "Starving the blower for air? Ask BDS for the airflow numbers and compare to carb size. Relief valve set too loose?"
    The carbs are 1320cfm each, so hopefully thats not it. Thanks I will give it some thought. Could you expand more on the relief valve thinga mobober? Do they come loose? Ive never touched it. And whats your opinion on what plug design I should use? projected?

HEAVYBOAT
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    [B]GRASS PAY$' 540:
    Cool, can you fill us in more on that combo? Blower, boost ect.
    Thanks

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by HEAVYBOAT
    Cool, can you fill us in more on that combo? Blower, boost ect.
    Thanks
    ...the guy barely knows what a computer is.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...P_0604-med.JPG
    I'm pretty sure he's using an old school 10-71 (non-stripped), Superchiller, and 7lbs.

Blown 472
    Where did he get the air filter?

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Where did he get the air filter?
    Might be an EMI.
    http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/deta...&CategoryID=34

Fiat48
    Who needs a dyno when we have Infomaniac?
    Introducing "Info's on line dyno service". Yeah, I like that.

schiada96
    Originally posted by schiada96
    You guys are way too high, on race gas maybe 1200
    this guy wasn't too far off

Infomaniac
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    Who needs a dyno when we have Infomaniac?
    Introducing "Info's on line dyno service". Yeah, I like that.
    The last time Info's on line dyno service spoke up. It caused a shit storm that still blows to this day. But that one was unsolicited.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast