Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile Video help/info??

ROZ
    Probably going to be there in a couple weeks to help my uncle mount his new plasma And it ain't going into the RX470

Akamatsu
    Just saw this deal on a 30" LCD TV.
    30" LCD Sale, Feb 27
    Dell Home has a $400 off coupon good on their 30" LCD W3000 TV 1280x768, DVI, Code: 5410C872D91E Exp 3/3
    $2799 - $400 coupon = $2399 shipped free.
    Figured I would pass it on. $2400 bucks for a 30" LCD TV with the faroudja chipset seems like a good deal to me. For anyone looking for a LCD TV.
    Akamatsu

ROZ
    Looks like a pretty good price for such a large consumer LCD flat panel tv. HD @ 1080i...
    The only think that I don't like is the viewing angle. It says +/_ 85 degrees... Sharp's Aquious tv's have a 180 degree view angle...
    Bottom line is that you really have to look at several models in your price range. They will appear different eventhough the specs state otherwise... For example: the Mitsubishi LT3020 and the Sony KLV30XBR950 have a much better scan rate processing, but the Sharp comperable has a better picture than the mitsubishi...

Akamatsu
    I looked at the Tech Specs on it and I see it is +/-88° from center (vertical and horizontal). Which would equate to 176° viewing angle as I calculate it?? I would imagine that as the difference apples to apples.
    Here's the quote:
    Superior picture quality HDTV ready, wide aspect display capable of 16:9 format
    400:1 contrast ratio and DCDi™ by Faroudja video processing technology for crisp, clear images, even with fast-paced action video (e.g., sporting events)
    Wide viewing angle up to +/-88° from center (vertical and horizontal) for a great view from any position in the room
    I have a 20" LCD Monitor from Dell and I have been very happy with it. Dell rebrands just about all of their peripherals, so I am not sure who actually makes the TV, but with a little cyber-investigation I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult.
    Either way, I am not in the market for a LCD TV right now, so it's a deal that I am going to pass on.
    Akamatsu

ROZ
    Originally posted by Akamatsu
    I looked at the Tech Specs on it and I see it is +/-88° from center (vertical and horizontal). Which would equate to 176° viewing angle as I calculate it?? I would imagine that as the difference apples to apples.
    Gotta watch out for those "from center" measurements....
    Bottom line is that regardless of specs a person needs to see any consumer electronics in person before they purchase... There are items that I've seen that have better specs but perform inferior to another brand's comparable model...
    Also, don't let the Faroudja video processing fool you. Just like most MFG's, they have put their name on lower grade products to keep a float... Most MFG's within similar price ranges have similar if not better proprietary onboard processors in their units...
    Don't get me wrong they probably make one of the best video processors out there, but like the outboard units that made their name, they're still lots-o dollars...
    Besides, that 3/2 conversion stuff gives me a headache...http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/1/sad12.gif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12