Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drew Downs New Vortech ProCharged 26 Amerian Offshore

Three Days Only
    It is being water tested today. I should have it back tonight or tommorow, I hope.

DrewDown
    Now that everyone know's what #'s the Hay Ho is maken. Whats the story with your boat Herman. What motor's did you end up slippen back into that bad boy? Or is it top secret? How did the testing go?

Three Days Only
    but only because she actually hit the water today............
    Just two small 509CUI / 3.3 whipple charged efi motors. The testing is going good, it was only the first day. I heard her from the house at around 4:20. She's alittle louder now then she used to be, so I drove down to the lake to check it out. She's running great but needs a taller prop. We should see 130 with the set up now. They were running 1.35 gears and a 35p 5 blades and had no problems blowing them out, so I guess its time for 1.24 gears or a 37p 5/6 blade prop. Im going to try props first, and if I cant get her tall enough then its a gear change. I should have solid numbers within the next couple weeks. I hear she ran well over a hundred today and never saw above 5100 rpm. Rev limitier is set at 6100 so we shall see. Im looking for more acceleration then the big number in the long run, but for now I just want to know what she has on top maxed out on kill, I just need to know if she can see anything in 140's. Jay at Spectre says the 36 runs around 130 with twin 650's. So I should be good.
    Jeff

Sandbar Mike
    Originally posted by Three Days Only
    but only because she actually hit the water today............
    Just two small 509CUI / 3.3 whipple charged efi motors. The testing is going good, it was only the first day. I heard her from the house at around 4:20. She's alittle louder now then she used to be, so I drove down to the lake to check it out. She's running great but needs a taller prop. We should see 130 with the set up now. They were running 1.35 gears and a 35p 5 blades and had no problems blowing them out, so I guess its time for 1.24 gears or a 37p 5/6 blade prop. Im going to try props first, and if I cant get her tall enough then its a gear change. I should have solid numbers within the next couple weeks. I hear she ran well over a hundred today and never saw above 5100 rpm. Rev limitier is set at 6100 so we shall see. Im looking for more acceleration then the big number in the long run, but for now I just want to know what she has on top maxed out on kill, I just need to know if she can see anything in 140's. Jay at Spectre says the 36 runs around 130 with twin 650's. So I should be good.
    Jeff
    3DO
    That is bad ass, What a sick ride. I hope I run in to you guys this summer, I'd like to check that monster out.

DrewDown
    Thanx for the info Jeff. It sounds like its going to be one bad ass ride.

Three Days Only
    Sounds like your winter upgrades are going well also. If you want to try to run a real tall prop. I got a labbed 34p 4 blade you can try to spin. Just think you be like all these other guys that run a huge wheel and need 3 miles to get on plane. The top number would be pretty sick though if you could get her to roll over.
    Jeff

Charley
    3DO I have some hydromotive 32" 5 blades that act alot like a 36-37" four blade if you wanna try them.

DrewDown
    3day's=Very happy with the winter up grade. Now if I can just find some time to put a stereo in that thing. I was runnin a stock bravo 32 pitch 4 blade and only pulling 5,000 rpm's. I want to try a 30 pitch and get those rpm's up, the rev limiter is set at 5600. Throw a nose cone on and hope everything holds together. Did you get behind the wheel of your rig yet?

Reaper1
    Drew, slap in a K & N to get those R's up. That is if they can send right parts, bastards.

Three Days Only
    I ran her alright. We ended up running in the rain at 115 @ 5100 rpm, rev limiter is set at 6100, I will run her up to about 5800 and she should be running about 130+ at 7% slip. I still had so much acceleration it was sick even running at 115 you give it just a hit of the sticks and she still had some serious launch. Im defienelty going to need a gear swap. The 1.35 are going to get swaped out for a set of 1.24, which if the prop calc is right, 5800, 1.24, 35P, 7%, =140+. Im waiting til July when its baking hot out to see if its still there with the 35p 5 blade wheels. But seeing how she ran yesterday, Its a mover!!!!!!
    Jeff
    Charley,
    Maybe once or if I change the gears, if the 35's are too big, I will take you up on that offer. I really think that the 1.24 gears and the 35p 5 blades are going to be the ultimate ticket. Good crusie speeds and she should still have some good acceleration

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast