Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: projects

sleekcraft76
    what new projects does everyone have this lovely winter!

MANIC MECHANIC
    Watching your project- It's less work and cost's a lot less!

Tim

Wetter the Better
    well started out as a freshn up on the motor,that has become a total rebuild everything new but crank and block.so i figured while the motor is out i will repaint the bilge and rewire the back end of the boatWanted new gauges and got but that fell into building a new dash for the gauges and still have to start on the windsheild removal for a custom fiberglass cowling then repaint the entire boat and im runn out of time BOTE 4 is just around the corner

Wetter the Better
    another

Hemicbx
    I'll jump in on the project list here. I just pick up an 87 Kachina Custom back in December
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...a_0159-med.JPG
    General workmanship of things left a little to be desired so I've been working on just cleaning thing up for now. The boat shows its 16 yrs worth of use, but just use, not abuse. I'm pretty pleased w/ the overall condition right now.
    I've run new fuel lines and installed a Tee valve w/ new header cooling lines & new overboard lines
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...china_0156.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...china_0155.JPG
    The trailer needed the most attention. It just got new brakes w/ a drum cleanup & new seals. I also just built a new wiring harness for the trailer. Brightest trailer lights in town! I've got a new set of plug wires, but I'm just waiting to see what I come up with as far as distributor & valve covers.
    Looking forward to running Raystown this summer. Already have a waterfront camping spot reserved!
    Later,
    Hemicbx
    York, PA

HammerDown
    Hemicbx, RaysTown was a awsome spot..maybe a little busy during mid Summer so we hear???
    Your not to far from HarveDeGrace MD. Also a very nice boating spot. Awsome, massave sand bar.

Hemicbx
    Hammerdown,
    Yeah, I need to get the low-down on where & when down at Havre de Grace. I've heard there's a lot of boating down there. It's about 1 1/2 hours from me. Not to far for a day trip.
    Do you run there? Where are the boat launches? Is it brackish water?
    Hemicbx

HammerDown
    Just clean clear fresh water at Havre it's feed by the Susquehanna River...bath tub warm in the mid Summer...Massive Sand Bar maybe a mile or so square...clean flat sand bottom, no rocks, stumps etc it's Bare Foot clean. At high tide about hip deep, low tide a few inches. We sit in the sand at low tide and have cocktails with the Jet Boats just floating. However rarley the winds will come across the bay the wrong direction and make a not to fun chop(twice in 5 years)..However there's a few really nice dead calm coves to hang at if that happens.
    I'm there almost every weekend...if not there
    I'm on the Deleware River in NE Philly...hanging with a few members of the www.dvbrc.com (Deleware Valley Drag Club)...we have a 1/4 mile set up for a fun time of test and tuining etc.
    RaysTown was really nice, our group had alot of laughs that weekend...do a search for pics and info regarding info about our gatherings at LakeAnna, HarveDeGrace, RaysTown. Really a good time and you and yours are more than welcome to join in.
    I put in at the Yacht Basin right in down Town Havre...very nice ramp and just a few mile burn to the SandBar.

miketsouth
    Originally posted by HammerDown
    Just clean clear fresh water at Havre it's feed by the Susquehanna River...bath tub warm in the mid Summer...Massive Sand Bar maybe a mile or so square...clean flat sand bottom, no rocks, stumps etc it's Bare Foot clean. At high tide about hip deep, low tide a few inches. We sit in the sand at low tide and have cocktails with the Jet Boats just floating. However rarley the winds will come across the bay the wrong direction and make a not to fun chop(twice in 5 years)..However there's a few really nice dead calm coves to hang at if that happens.
    I'm there almost every weekend...if not there
    Hammer's picturesque description of Harve has some errors or ommisions that i will attempt to rectify:
    "maybe a mile or so" How about 25 square miles of endless sandbar. It is great, pic your depth.
    "however rarely the winds will come" He's got a nice 21' Eliminator Daytona. Man with shallow V may find different. I would suspect always navagable, even in a canoe.
    He fails to mention the great people that hang out there. I got to go once last summer. Nicest, friendliest, mature people that could be, when i was there.
    He fails to mention that SOME people have said the water is brackish. It wasnt when i was there. It was beautifull. I believe Brother Ray.
    He alludes to 'coctails'. You can also drink non-alcoholic beverages if you are so inclined.
    He fails to mention he is known by the locals as 'Da Man'. I knew that anyway.
    He is obiously slipping. Not a single complaint. Dam.
    mikeT

MANIC MECHANIC
    It's called Alzheimers disease Mike.
    His brain looks like Swiss cheese.
    :wink:
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast