Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banderlog valve. Good, bad, indifferent?

Jordy
    I'm kicking around the idea of running a banderlog valve on my boat this season. I'm ditching the o/t's in favor of t/t's for noise as well as looks. Going through transom makes it a bit harder to see what's going on with the water injection, not to mention I would rather not have to worry, or at least worry less, about the reversion issue.

flat broke
    Jordo,
    There are a couple other options available as well. You could run a solenoid acutated off a MSD window switch to control the water (essentially the Banderlog box but not by Banderlog). You could run the same solenoid valve connected to a microswitch on the carb to only dump water at a certain throttle position. You could connect a solenoid to a toggle on the wheel and run the water at your discretion, or you could just pony up for some polished stainless lightnings
    In all seriousness, I don't have any 1st hand info on the Banderlog valve. But as a recommendation for any automated setup, make sure the solenoid is "normally closed" and install a valve in front of it, so you can still moderate the water flow in the event of an equipment failure. Better to cook the headers than to hydraulic the motor.
    Chris

Heatseeker
    I installed Banderlog valve last season. I think it was money well spent! No more turning around to check the pipes every time I hit the slow water. I just knew. Nice feeling !
    You can put a system together a little cheaper, but the B-valve is a clean compact unit. It's easy to install and easy to hide.

HotRod Sprint
    Hey Jordy, you gonna be selling your old T valve? I be lookin, if you are.
    Rod

Jordy, I'm pretty sure I'm the first "paying" customer. Just missed being on the "beta testing" team.
    I used a Bassett T-valve for one season before installing the Banderlog valve. Like Heatseeker, I was getting a sore neck from constantly turning to check for water flow. Hated adjusting the water valves to keep engine temp and header cooling balanced with the widely varying water temps I run in.
    Most of us with the Banderlog tap our header supply off of the main water feed to the engine, allowing totally separate control of both.
    Here's my pro and cons.
    Pros:
    1) Easy to install. Just 3 wires, 2 hoses and 4 screws to mount it.
    2) Compact size.
    3) Contains a cleanable filter screen.
    4) Built in valve to control water volume. Pretty much set it and forget it.
    5) Reliable as can be.
    6) For the non-do-it-yourself type, it's a lot easier than the build-it-up-from-parts method.
    Cons:
    1) It wasn't free.

i was lucky enough to be one of the test boat on the valve and all i can say is i bought another one for my other boat. set it up and no more problems with water in the engine oil at all. the only bad problem with it is if you get into real shallow water and suck up some dirt you have to clean your filter out. other than that happening one time no more problems works great water on water off.
    pat(slotracer)

Jordy
    Originally posted by HotRod Sprint
    Hey Jordy, you gonna be selling your old T valve? I be lookin, if you are.
    Rod
    In fact I will if I go this route. Either way, I'll have a set of BBC twisties to get rid of.

Jordy
    Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
    Most of us with the Banderlog tap our header supply off of the main water feed to the engine, allowing totally separate control of both.
    That's kinda the way I was thinking, even if I kept the current t-vavle setup. I run off my pump into a regulator, but have a block coming out of the pump that has another fitting that is capped off to hook the hose up to when it's run on the trailer. However, I really don't run it on the trailer, so I was thinking about using that to plumb the exhaust water line.
    Thanks for the answers.

squirt
    Yep here is another vote to run one. I installed one at the begining of last season and put a bunch of hours on it. I was always monkeying with the water pressure/ cooling and hated it! Seems like either my headers were way wet or I ran hotter than I wanted to. I like the cut off option and the fact it's a real clean unit

Heatseeker
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    Either way, I'll have a set of BBC twisties to get rid of.
    What kinda shape are they in? I'm in need of a pair and new ones are looking farther and farther out of my grasp....
    PM me if you're serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast