Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banderlog valve. Good, bad, indifferent?

Jordy
    Originally posted by Heatseeker
    What kinda shape are they in? I'm in need of a pair and new ones are looking farther and farther out of my grasp....
    PM me if you're serious.
    They're in pretty decent shape. There is some blueing from some water issues (hence this thread) and some surface rust where the collector comes together, but other than that they're solid. The only reason I'm getting rid of them is I like the look of the t/t's and the boat had them on it when my buddy bought it. Personally, I think it will look better with tips in the transom rather than the round block off plates that are there now.
    I'll get some pics when I pull them off. How much of a hurry are you in? I could have them off some time this week if you want.

78Eliminator
    JP, what TT headers did you get? I am thinking of replacing the logs in the schiada.....

Cas
    John,
    I've got a guy looking for some BBC headers so if you get jordy's twisties, I may have the ones you have now sold.

Jordy
    Originally posted by 78Eliminator
    JP, what TT headers did you get? I am thinking of replacing the logs in the schiada.....
    Going with the Bassett's. Those logs in the schiada are kinda bitchin, and I haven't seen many (if any) other sets of Edelbrock logs. don't know what that means, but it sounded good.

78Eliminator
    I can't get them to seal and I am constantly sinching them down to keep them from leaking.
    Perhaps I just need to give them a fresh surface jobby.....

Jordy
    Originally posted by 78Eliminator
    I can't get them to seal and I am constantly sinching them down to keep them from leaking.
    Perhaps I just need to give them a fresh surface jobby.....
    I'd say find a big industrial size belt sander and hit them that way. Other than that, a good gasket, like the fel-pro with the o ringy deal, or some high temp silicone and anything should be sealable...

78Eliminator
    True dat. Now if D&S would just finish with the damn interior. The schiada has been there since OCTOBER!!!!! And yes, they said the same shit they tell everyone "Give me two weeks".
    Today I called them to check up on the status and they said they will have it done in, yes, you guessed it "TWO WEEKS"
    If they didn't do such a good job I would be pissed off......

Jordy
    Right on. The pimp ass green boat is going to look good... in 2 WEEKS!!!

78Eliminator
    Hey like I said, I have so many other projects going between the alcohol motor and the kitchen remodel, let them take their time.
    But I am going to be pissed if I don't have it back in time for my birthday next month. I kind of thought it would be fun to take it out in celebratiuon of the big 3-2.

Heatseeker
    Jordy, depending on the price, I'd need a week or two to come up with the scratch, so no big hurry. Shoot me some pix when you get a chance.
    Steve, my old headers went with the Heatseeker sale . I kept you a set of water lines though. The only other set of headers I have are my old twisties, the set I blew out at TPII. They're in pretty shabby shape.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast