Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody using the MasterLube unit on page 126 of the latest HB mag

hd&boatrider
    I am thinking of getting one. Seems to be a simple install and makes sense to me. Anybody have any experience with it? Pros/Cons, etc. What about the cost? I went to their web site and no costs were given.

Jbb
    I have had one on the engine in my Edge since new paid $250. ...You can see the black top just over the top of the right header in the picture...
    It works well and I have never had a problem with it....It is especially nice when the engine has not cranked in a few weeks ...or months...and you can see oil pressure on the gage before you fire it...
    The downside is that its a one shot deal...as you must fire the engine to refill and pressurize the cannister.
    If I had it to do again I would buy the one Keith Eickert sells instead...a little more expensive and a little more complicated install but he uses a pump which you can run for as long as you like ....and use it for cooling after a hard run....
    Keith Eickert.. (http://www.keith-eickert.com/)
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...60DSCF0059.JPG

hd&boatrider
    Thanks JBB....When you say a one shot deal with the oil circulated and you have to crank again it is already lubed, right? If that is the case didn't it accomplish what you wanted? Then when the engine runs it fills the cannister agin if I understand it properly. If the other unit can be used for cooling and doesn't cost much more then that makes sense to me to use the one you referred to.

ratso
    That Blue looks really cool on your motor JBB.

Jbb
    Blue.....yes....
    I would like to be able to flip a switch and run oil for a longer period....Yes it gets the job done,I just think a pump would be better....And the Eickert unit will be considerably more expensive!

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
    Blue.....yes....
    I would like to be able to flip a switch and run oil for a longer period....Yes it gets the job done,I just think a pump would be better....And the Eickert unit will be considerably more expensive!
    Thanks JBB.....I agree with what you are saying.....I am going to check on the prices and make a decision from that point.

Kahuna
    With Lube and Leverage anything is possible.

Duck
    One more reply from a MasterLube owner. I'm real happy with the unit and it's ease of use. For the cost it delivers I got what I wanted, 30ish psi when I crank it over and then the oil pump kicks in seconds later. Nice ease of mind after not running it for a while. Figure out if the "pumping" features are more desireable for your application, but I'll now always have some type of pre-oiler from now on.

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by Duck
    One more reply from a MasterLube owner. I'm real happy with the unit and it's ease of use. For the cost it delivers I got what I wanted, 30ish psi when I crank it over and then the oil pump kicks in seconds later. Nice ease of mind after not running it for a while. Figure out if the "pumping" features are more desireable for your application, but I'll now always have some type of pre-oiler from now on.
    Thanks Duck

bigq
    I have one I bought about a year ago brand new still in shipping box if you don't want to go through the company. Just PM me if interested. I will need to dig it out from our storage. I just never put it on.
    Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast