Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panther vs. Berkeley

tmalneritch
    I just purchased a 81 Apache with a 360 AMC and Panther Jet. Thinking about upgrading the jet drive--Berkeley seems to be the "hot" item. Is the montary investment worth changing the Panther to a Berkeley, or, is the Panther OK? Any comments/ suggestion?

Jet Hydro
    I know I`m going to get beat up for this but WTH...lol..
    I changed my Dominator to an Aggressor and to me it was well worth the time and money spent.
    I have a Taylor SJ that`s going to get the same change as soon as money allows me too!
    I have to change everything on that boat, (old insert pump)
    I have to cut the hole for the intake and so on, but I`m going to do it!

disco_charger
    JH, I actually was wondering, what kind of change you saw with the different bowl. Was that the only change you made? I saw the Aggressor bowl, and it's a nice piece, but I was wondering if 9 vane made any difference?

1Bahnerjet
    I swaped out a Berkeley JC for a Aggessor 9 Vane Bowl, with a Mild 454 (325-350hp) no Differents in acceration or top end but the Boat turns so nice now (also added droop and diverter) I wonder if the advantage comes when you have Some Big HP ?
    I'm posting this Old Berkeley ad just for the Hell of it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...nyouon-med.jpg

Jet Hydro
    Duane is better at explaining it that I am.
    I my self noticed my hole shot was 2 X harder. It use to take the hole 1/4 mile for me to top out but after the pump change I now top out in the 1/8 with only gaining 4 mph in the last 1/8.
    I changed the Suction housing, the bowl, and went to an Aggressor C impeller.
    I ran my old droop and race nozzle at first to just see what the change did.
    Then we put the snoot on and another race Nozzle on, gained another 4mph during lake testing.
    Then I changed Motors, went to an A Aggressor impeller.
    Gained more ET.
    I`m still using the old intake that came in the boat. I plan to change it next month when we get started on the new bottom if that`s what they tell me to do?
    I don't know if it was Duane and his magic or the Aggressor Pump or booth? All I know is that, I saw a BIG Change in the performance of my Hydro.
    I know this is to much INFO and we will now have a pissing contest starting.

disco_charger
    Don't care too much about the drama, but thanks for the honest answer...

Jake W
    Dave (POPS) from Aggressor says you need to use the 9 vein bowl and an Aggressor imp togeather to get the diffrence.
    Jake

LUVNLIFE
    Originally posted by tmalneritch
    I just purchased a 81 Apache with a 360 AMC and Panther Jet. Thinking about upgrading the jet drive--Berkeley seems to be the "hot" item. Is the montary investment worth changing the Panther to a Berkeley, or, is the Panther OK? Any comments/ suggestion?
    Hey that's an old Pyramid Posse boat. Have lots of fun with it.

1Bahnerjet
    Originally posted by Jake W
    Dave (POPS) from Aggressor says you need to use the 9 vein bowl and an Aggressor imp togeather to get the diffrence.
    Jake
    So thats Why I have a Legend B cut Impellor. I have been told 325 hp and B cut don't match

littlewood
    tmalneritch
    I will give you a more direct answer to your question. In my opinion, as long as you don't go over 250-300hp in a light weight boat the Panther will do you a good job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast