Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big mopar lakes??

Blown 472

LakesOnly
    Sonny Bryant Forged Hemi Crank for $200? I'm in! (I am now high bidder.)
    LO

Blown 472
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    Sonny Bryant Forged Hemi Crank for $200? I'm in! (I am now high bidder.)
    LO
    Get some alum rods and build a big ol wedge stroker.

LakesOnly
    And he's got rods, too.
    I was surprised to see that the crank didn't have the center counterweights that you usually see on the hemi stroker cranks....so yea, it would make a great RB stroker crank.
    LO

Blown 472
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    And he's got rods, too.
    I was surprised to see that the crank didn't have the center counterweights that you usually see on the hemi stroker cranks....so yea, it would make a great RB stroker crank.
    LO
    Humm, a blown stroker in my black pig, might get me deeper into the 10's this year, and if I cook the motor this summer I might just have to do that, going to see how much that mule will take.

Fiat48
    Last crank he had sold for $390. You better call him and find out if he has removed a bunch of heavy metal from the crank. $50 an inch to replace.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    Last crank he had sold for $390. You better call him and find out if he has removed a bunch of heavy metal from the crank. $50 an inch to replace.
    Dont they weld that in? and why would you remove it? cuz of the price?

Fiat48
    Many guys press it in. Some guys tack weld. I've seen 10 sticks or more in some cranks. That $500 worth of heavy metal that can be used on the next crank.
    I don't see any holes in the crank pictured in the auction. But it's the same picture he used for another crank sold a while back. Never hurts to check.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    Many guys press it in. Some guys tack weld. I've seen 10 sticks or more in some cranks. That $500 worth of heavy metal that can be used on the next crank.
    I don't see any holes in the crank pictured in the auction. But it's the same picture he used for another crank sold a while back. Never hurts to check.
    I asked him, he said it was still in there. Why so much metal?? isn't the crank designed for a big stroke and compensate for it?

Fiat48
    Depends on how heavy an assembly you are swinging around. Fuel rods use huge and very heavy wrist pins also. Counterweights can only be made so big. Have to clear the block. Kinda strange that crank not center counterweighted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast