Thread: fuel tanks w/T-tank

Would like to run a small T-tank along with the original gunnel tanks. T-tank will be located behind motor. How do you properly run fuel lines? If fuel is being pumped from bottom of T-tank to motor, how do you feed the fuel from side tanks to T-tank?

P-Money
    I would PM Infomaniac, I think that is how he has the Cougar set-up.

Dave Sammons
    Run your outlet lines(-8) from the side tanks(keep them the same length if possible) to a fuel Y. From there go to the inlet side of a mechanical fuel pump. From the outlet side of the pump run a -8 to the top of the tee tank. Put 2 bungs, one on each end about 3/4 up from the bottom of the round part of the tank. Run a -8 or -10 back to the front/top of each side tank. These lines will control the level in your tee tank. From the botom of the tee tank run a -10 to an electric pump and then on to your induction. If you're running an injector pump, run to that, the tee tank will supply a gravity feed as long as a majority of the tank is above the pump.

Infomaniac
    There you go.
    Mine is blown injected so I just fill it up with a Holley blue pump into one of the vent lines in the top of the tank.
    Most of the time I do not fill it continuously. I just fill it and it is good for several passes. If I am cruising I will turn on the pump and it will fill just about as fast as it uses it. I just have to remember to shut it off.