Hi All, first time here. I looked around the site and would like to become part of it. I've loved hot boats all of my life. I understand the virtues of each type of drive and I like both of them. I have a '74 Rogers jet I bought without a motor and installed a 428 Pontiac. I've had it for about 12 years, it has run as fast as 71 with a Q-jet. Not too bad. Anyway, I've gone for rides in V-drive boats and always liked them too. Last year I came across what may be a once in a lifetime find. An ultra rare Mickey Thompson blown, injected Pontiac HEMI in a cherry '72 Hondo flat bottom. I went to buy the motor but, when I saw how nice the boat was, I decided to buy the whole thing. It's a beautiful '72 Hondo, all original, the hull has been in the water only a few times since new and was stored inside. It hasn't been in the water since the late 80's and even has the original bia ply 70's tires (all are dry rotted but still made the 450 mile trip home ) on the trailer with chromies. She is red metalflake with scallops and black int. Very clean. The motor is very special and very rare. many of you may have never even heard of a HEMI Pontiac but, Mickey Thompson made them in the early sixties. The guy who I bought the boat from bought all the stuff new from Mickey in '63 but, didn;t use it 'till the early 70's when he bought the Hondo. more to come.
. I also have a web site. www.pontiacheaven.org with pics.
Steve Barcak