Thread: Non-Renewal Mid-Century

25 Eagle
    " Mid- Century will no longer insure BOATOWNERS in your state." BS/WTF I hate insurance companies worse than lawyers. Now they want to put me in to some company called Foremost. Never even heard the name before, any of you? Might just tell them to bite me, anybody use American Family? Well I guess they didn't want anymore of my free money, never had 1 claim in 8yrs. Blow me Mid-Century!

Scream
    We used to have Foremost for our boat, now it's just for our Motorhome and Motorcycle. We have Progressive for our Boat. Progressive seems a bit cheaper...
    Foremost was ok. Never had a claim and never had a hassle

BoatFloating
    Foremost is who Farmers uses. Should be no problem with them, that is who I have.

dicudmore
    yeah what he said. Foremost is Farmers. Got that myself. So far so good.

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by 25 Eagle
    " Mid- Century will no longer insure BOATOWNERS in your state." BS/WTF I hate insurance companies worse than lawyers. Now they want to put me in to some company called Foremost. Never even heard the name before, any of you? Might just tell them to bite me, anybody use American Family? Well I guess they didn't want anymore of my free money, never had 1 claim in 8yrs. Blow me Mid-Century!
    I use Foremost but have never had to use the policy. They are a reputable company.

Lakeshow
    Foremost is not Farmers - some Farmers agents use Foremost when Farmers won't write the policy.
    Foremost is a very good company with an excellent claims handling record.
    Just .02 from a friggin insurance broker.

Ultracrazy
    I was also dropped by mid-cenutry (no reason given).......but now have foremost.......good people so far.

BENZEEN
    Originally posted by 25 Eagle
    Eagle,
    Foremost is a good company. I believe they offer an option to insure your boat at agreed value.
    Don't sweat it
    -Vik

230Stingray
    When you get your papers from Mid-Century telling you they are droping boat insurance, look very carefully at the proposal from Foremost. They are very specific about speed and engine modifications. 55 mph max and no horsepower increasing add-ons. I got my notification and decided to search for insurance elsewhere. I really don't want to find out the hard way that Foremost has a easy way out of paying a claim. It really pisses me off that Farmers pulled this stunt. I have had a boat insured with them for over 20 years and vehicles for over 30 years with only one small claim. When I find a company to insure my boat I will transfer all of my business to them.