We're on "Stormwatch 2004"
Here in SoCal we don't get much rain. And when the weather forecasters call for rain then I know we're in trouble because, for the most part, these folks can't predict that the sun will rise. Seems like everytime they tell us a storm is coming we get nada, zip, zilch.
We need rain and lots of it. And when we finally do get rain the talking head weathermen/women on TV are always quick to tell us how far behind "normal" precipitation levels we are for the year. We're never ahead of the "norm." From what I've seen they don't even know what the normal amount of rain for a year is.
"Stormwatch 2004" - Rain is such "big news" here that just the prediction of rain brings out the "Stormwatch 2004" headlines on TV news shows. And all they talk about is how bad it's going to be for the land that was burned in the fires. Yeah, it COULD be bad IF we get a LOT of rain. Why don't they stick to REPORTING the news instead of worrying about what could be?
Every winter in SoCal it's the same old thing - not enough rain, folks get excited about any mention of rain, no one can drive if it does rain and there are always plenty of accidents and some mudslides to report on when it does finally rain.
In SoCal, rain is always something we need and, like sex, we always (almost anyways) need more than we're getting.
I'm always wanting rain because it's tough to go boating when the water levels in the lakes are down...