Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Didja Hear the News?

MagicMtnDan
    We're on "Stormwatch 2004"
    Here in SoCal we don't get much rain. And when the weather forecasters call for rain then I know we're in trouble because, for the most part, these folks can't predict that the sun will rise. Seems like everytime they tell us a storm is coming we get nada, zip, zilch.
    We need rain and lots of it. And when we finally do get rain the talking head weathermen/women on TV are always quick to tell us how far behind "normal" precipitation levels we are for the year. We're never ahead of the "norm." From what I've seen they don't even know what the normal amount of rain for a year is.
    "Stormwatch 2004" - Rain is such "big news" here that just the prediction of rain brings out the "Stormwatch 2004" headlines on TV news shows. And all they talk about is how bad it's going to be for the land that was burned in the fires. Yeah, it COULD be bad IF we get a LOT of rain. Why don't they stick to REPORTING the news instead of worrying about what could be?
    Every winter in SoCal it's the same old thing - not enough rain, folks get excited about any mention of rain, no one can drive if it does rain and there are always plenty of accidents and some mudslides to report on when it does finally rain.
    In SoCal, rain is always something we need and, like sex, we always (almost anyways) need more than we're getting.
    I'm always wanting rain because it's tough to go boating when the water levels in the lakes are down...

LASERRAY
    Stormwatch '00, and Stormwatch '98. But remember the Granddaddy of them all : Stormwtch '92.
    I'm not sure if I get more "enjoyment" out of "Stormwatch (insert year), Firestorm (insert year), or whatever it is they want to hype today. L.A. News Sucks period.

JetBoatRich
    It is funny how they do this, we get a couple hours to a day of rain meanwhile east coast can move of the weather who has it worst you would ask sometimes

Kachina26
    And when they least expect it and say nothing we get deluged.

Up here in the North part of the state its been raining for 3 days. K-Flat got 3 inches in 24 hrs, lots of wind also! accuWeather.com

Laveyman
    I've always HATED that STORMWATCH --- crapola! For the most part, whatever rain we get in So Cal isn't a storm at all. It's just friggin rain you news morons!!! If they want to see storms, go to the midwest or east coast during spring & summer. Now thems some serious storms!!!

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by JetBoatRich
    It is funny how they do this, we get a couple hours to a day of rain meanwhile east coast can move of the weather who has it worst you would ask sometimes
    Huh?

NorCal Gameshow
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    Huh?
    I think we're goin' to need a
    Jbr decoder ring ...
    the storm watch in so-cal always makes me laugh....
    it's been raining hard all night here...pool's overflowing, it figures, it's my day off.

Jordy
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    I'm always wanting rain because it's tough to go boating when the water levels in the lakes are down...
    I kinda figured it would be tougher for you to go boating with no boat.

Salty Cracker
    I would love to see it snow in So Cal and just stay home and watch everyone freak out!!! :devil:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast