Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olds Question

Taylorman
    I want to hear from anyone that have switched from factory olds heads to edelbrocks. Im wanting to know what gains you saw. Also would like to know what other components were on the engine(cam, pistons, intake etc). Im thinking of getting a set of edelbrocks but don't want to spend the money if im not going to get anything extra out of them.

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by Taylorman
    I want to hear from anyone that have switched from factory olds heads to edelbrocks. Im wanting to know what gains you saw. Also would like to know what other components were on the engine(cam, pistons, intake etc). Im thinking of getting a set of edelbrocks but don't want to spend the money if im not going to get anything extra out of them.
    You might post this on banderlog. The Pumpkins went that route.

fourspeednup
    If you are serious about building up your olds, talk to the guys over at mondello performance. They helped design the edelbrock head so they probably have a good idea what works

Back Forty
    There are several good threads about the Edelbrock Heads over on the Olds board right now.
    Here (http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...pic.php?t=5195)
    Here (http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...pic.php?t=5584)
    This might be the best directed at your question. (http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...pic.php?t=4910)

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    why not take the money you would spend on the edelbrocks and get you a chevy or ford core and build from there. you'd probably be ahead of the game at the end with a lot less headaches. unless you like being different in which case I say go for it. just a thought no flame intended.
    Omega

Mark Sims
    If you dont increase compression when you go to edelbrock heads you may lose a few hp due to increased cooling and aluminum's ability to take increased compression without detonation. I wonder about the corrosion caused by the lake water. I pulled my aluminum water pump plate off and it was almost eaten through from fresh water.

Taylorman
    Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    why not take the money you would spend on the edelbrocks and get you a chevy or ford core and build from there. you'd probably be ahead of the game at the end with a lot less headaches. unless you like being different in which case I say go for it. just a thought no flame intended.
    Omega
    Because unlike alot of people on here, I have no problem with my Olds.

Old Guy
    I'm running the Edelbrock heads offered by Mondello. This will be my third season on them and I am very satisfied. However, I also replaced everything but the block. I got the balanced rotating assembly from Mondello, 10qt oil pan, Edelbrock intake, MSD ignition, ........it just goes on and on. I know a lot more about olds motors now than I did then. I had a machine shop and did all the work myself.
    I didn't respond before because I don't know how much this helps you.

Old Guy
    Almost forgot. All this machinery turns an Aggressor AA impeller 48 - 4900 rpm.
    Also running Hardin logs w/Glenwood (large) snails (3 1/2" hose) out.....then..adapt to 4" silencers out through transom.
    Not too loud.

Sleek-Jet
    The only thing I would get from Mondello would be the book and the catalog.
    Regardless what they say, you can find most everything in their catalog (parts wise anyway), from someone else at a cheaper price. A little research on parts will save some money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast