Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Atkins 1st week down

spectratoad
    Well the first 8 days have gone by on the induction phase. Have lots of energy not craving much. It get a little tuff at night when I want to munch some chips or something but I get past that pretty easy.
    I haven't lost a bunch of weight, maybe 5 or 6 LBS but I have lost 2 inches off the ab area. Lots of energy and feel pretty good. The cooking is actually alot of fun and the wife is enjoying me cooking too. (Yes I showed her the Steak & BJ thread)
    How are others on the diet doing?

Screaming Pete
    Way to Go SPLD, Keep up the Great work, If you have to munch on something some pork rinds, no carbs and all protine, Or your wife ear, with all that extra energy

OutCole'd
    5 lbs. here, going ok. Miss the sweets now and then.

stoker
    I have been on it for a couple of months. I didn't cheat during the induction stage (3 weeks). Now I just watch my carb intake. I don't each much bread, no pasta and very little sugar. I lost 20lbs. and feel great! I find that I have much more energy at night were as before I would be wiped out by 9:00 p.m.

MsDrmr
    Been on it a month now, no cheating. Still in the induction phase as I have lots of weight to loose. I have lost 22lbs and more importantly, I have lost almost 7". It gets easier to not eat the crap your used to eating, and the rewards are great. Eat pork rinds for something to snack on in the eve hours. The mission brand has no carbs and you can find them at Wal Mart (the only place I have found them). Keep up the great work,,and keep us posted

spectratoad
    Originally posted by OutCole'd
    5 lbs. here, going ok. Miss the sweets now and then.
    The night time is when the sweets craving sets in. I sometimes have a glass of chocolate soy milk.
    The pork rinds do help out during the day though.

Scream
    For sweets, there are low net carb ice creams available, low net carb chocolates, and sugar free jello with sugar free whipped cream...
    Every thing in moderation. Oh, and Caffiene Free diet Coke and Rum as a tati OH YEA!

MsDrmr
    Originally posted by Scream
    For sweets, there are low net carb ice creams available, low net carb chocolates, and sugar free jello with sugar free whipped cream...
    Every thing in moderation. Oh, and Caffiene Free diet Coke and Rum as a tati OH YEA!
    it is the sugar you need to stay away from, however sugar free things still have tons of carbs you have to be careful. Also, atkins has great bars starting with 2g up to 4 grams, wonderful flavors and filling as well, (the peanut butter cups are to die for at only 2g per)

Waldo
    RD, based on the total carbs, you can drink 2 or 3 Michelob's for every one Coors Light!!! Enjoy. However, the Michelob's are more $$$ :frown:
    However - caloric intake is very important to watch.

Waldo
    So then you're looking at about 1 and 1/2 Lites to every CL.
    However.....Any beer is what as known as "empty calories" and it is the worst for you as it pertains to carbs/sugar. The carbs from beer turn right into sugar and it digests it very fast>>>room for more !

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast