Thread: Atkins 1st week down

AZKC
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Well I'm pretty brand loyal so it looks like Miller Lite it is! LOL
    RD
    Come to the dark side RD
    http://www.anheuser-busch.com/images/logo_02.jpg

rivercrazy
    Just get serious and go on the Vodka diet....

Rivertoys
    There was a cartoon in the paper Sunday about the Atkins diet. One guy tell another he and his wife are on the diet. He says, for six months they ate nothing but steaks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The other guy asks how much they lost.....and dude replies, "about half our life savings!"
    RTJas http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/otn/happy/viking.gif

AZKC
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    A guy I used to know has the A with the Eagle coming through it tatoo'd on his back. Some people take this beer thing to a whole new level..
    (Wanna guess where I have "Coors" tatoo'd?)
    RD
    Ahh, That would be a no

totenhosen
    I can say that you are most likely already failing the diet if you are drinking beers even low carb beers the first week.

AZKC
    I'll drink to that

spectratoad
    I have been having Gin & Tonic. :wink: The sugar free bars are pretty good. I have had those to help with the sweet tooth.

Floatin'
    Originally posted by mrsdrmr
    it is the sugar you need to stay away from, however sugar free things still have tons of carbs you have to be careful. Also, atkins has great bars starting with 2g up to 4 grams, wonderful flavors and filling as well, (the peanut butter cups are to die for at only 2g per)
    Can anyone explain the deal with "NET CARBS" ? I bought some Low Carb Bars today that said "Net Carbs 2g" But if you read the nutrional information it says "25g Carbs" So how can 25g of carbs become 2g of carbs ? And can I eat the Low Carb bars and still be on the Atkins program or is that cheating?

mirvin
    Hey Rd, I drank Coors light the whole time while on Atkins. You really just need to be carefull during induction since you're shooting for zero to 20 grams of carbs (per day).
    I think the Mich Ultra is actually an 11 oz bottle?? So if you drink 12 of em it's really only 11, right???
    Mirvin

mirvin
    Hey Floatin', here's how the net carb thing works.
    SOme carbs don't impact your body the same. To put it simply, they don't turn to fat. I think they use different kinds of sugar ( alcohol sugar??) and a sugar substitute called Maltodextrine. They just don't act the same way that starchy carbs do.
    Also, there's a thing with fiber. If you have something with 10 grams of carbs and 5 grams of fiber it equals 5 Grams of carbs.
    Mirvin

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast