Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Atkins 1st week down

totenhosen
    Originally posted by Floatin'
    Can anyone explain the deal with "NET CARBS" ? I bought some Low Carb Bars today that said "Net Carbs 2g" But if you read the nutrional information it says "25g Carbs" So how can 25g of carbs become 2g of carbs ? And can I eat the Low Carb bars and still be on the Atkins program or is that cheating?
    It's called fancy/deceptive marketing.

Charley
    Can anyone else confirm that the Net Carbs are really the carbs to count on Atkins?? I'd hate to be eating 2 of those candy bars a day and find out I have ingested 50g's!!

mirvin
    Charley, yes, it's true. I've eaten at least one of those bars a day for the last 15 months. I as skeptical too but it is true.
    Mirvin

MagicMtnDan
    Atkins tip of the day:
    I hate Wal*Mart but they have one product we buy there. They have clear sodas that have no sugar, no caffeine, no carbs (zero). I'm not sure what it's called but almost every flavor (they have many) taste great. The bottles are about $0.50 each which is much cheaper than grocery store brands and you have to be careful because many of them have carbs!

HammerDown
    I here ya Dan, I've had them several times. Thats all my Brother drinks(for years)...clear Soda, pictures or fruit on the Label...very good. Hard to belive there's nothing in it
    I can't remember the name either

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by HammerDown
    I here ya Dan, I've had them several times. Thats all my Brother drinks(for years)...clear Soda, pictures or fruit on the Label...very good. Hard to belive there's nothing in it
    I can't remember the name either
    That's the one - we buy about 40 bottles a time (only about $20) and keep 'em in the fridge ready-to-go.

SANGERBRU
    It is true, 12-18 buds a night equal weight gain. I listened to Froggy and Magic Dan 10 days ago and cut to 3 Mich Ultras a nite and lost 10 lbs. (only one meal a day). I only eat once a day, but am going to try it in the mid-day and have 6-8 beers aday, and see if I can continue to lose.
    Thanks, Sangerbru

MagicMtnDan
    3 meals-a-day is what it takes (don't skip meals).
    Atkins tip:
    Costco. (Their fresh roasted chickens are delicious and cheap and you can probably eat a whole chicken by yourself. Their Black Forest Ham - a large package for 6-bucks - is delicious too and these things ain't got those dreaded carbs).

spectratoad
    The book says that the net carbs are basically carbs - fiber = net carbs. So in reading some labels @ Trader Joes last night I bought some of the think thin low carb bars. It say only 2 effective carbs. The label reads 23 Carbs but 21 non-effective carbs?
    Where does the sugar play into the equation? Should certain types of sugar also subtract from the overall carb content?
    Spectra - some cunfusion but still losing inches - toad

Rivertoys
    You guys need to check out:
    http://www.waldenfarms.com/
    Everything they have is NO CARBS - NO CALORIES - FAT FREE - SUGAR FREE. They have a lot too, like Chocolate Dip, Marshmallow Dip, and Bacon Dip!!!! Dressings too....
    It's pretty good too, IMO.
    RTJas

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast