Thread: Drive Trim: Revisited

bear down
    I posted this question a while back. I had a dream about this last night and thought I would get some answers. Here is the scenario. I am ready to dock my boat but I notice my drive is not be trimmed/trailered all the way up, I check the wiring to the drive (3 prong plug) and it's plugged and the fuses are good, what else can I do?? Can I do it manually??? Thanks

Maybe post it in Outdrive tech?

19cobaltcd
    My trim pump froze up last summer, luckly I use those little plastic trailering clips, I was able to manually lift the drive and put the clips on to get me home. Hope that helps.

260 STINGER
    I HAD A HARD TIME WITH THIS THIS SEASON ALSO. WITH MINE IT WAS MY TRIM SWITCHES ACTING UP.IF THERE NOT SET RIGHT YOU CAN'T RAISE THE DRIVE COMPLETELY. I RAN A JUMPER TO BY-PASS THE SWITCH,BUT BE CAREFULL OF THIS BECAUSE YOU CAN TRIM PAST YOUR DRIVE GIMBAL SUPPORTS CAUSING DRIVE DAMAGE.I'M GONIG TO INSTALL MECHANICAL TRIM GAUGES SO I KNOW WHERE MY DRIVES ARE.

Dr. Eagle
    Hi Bear down, I would check the trim limit switches to see if they are stuck. if you have a meter, you can start tracing the circuit paths to find where the power goes away.
    Barring that, you can always carry those plastic trailer clips and loosen the hydralic lines to lift it. I hate having that happen, it only happened to me once about 15 years ago. I suppose the pump could have quit, but they are pretty darn reliable. Seems that the variable here is in the control systems.
    BTW, this is relmore from the eliminator forum. Any idea what happened to that forum?