Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howard 28' Boat this past weekend!

Keith E. Sayre
    this past weekend, I had the opportunity to help Les John take
    his new 28' Bullett open bow Howard for it's first and then second
    rides. His boat was the one at the LA boatshow with orange and blues in it. what a fantastic boat!
    As some of you may know, I've sold boats for years and I've sold
    alot of 28' v bottom boats new and used like Eliminators, Nordics,
    Sleeks, Magics, Scarab, Fountain, etc etc etc. Most of them have
    something that I have liked or disliked after driving them. But
    none of them compares to what I droven on Saturday and Sunday. The boat rolled over onto plane with the HP500 very
    quickly, it took a very deliberate and immediate set and then
    it ate up the occasional rollers and tour boat wakes like they
    weren't there. There wasn't a rattle or any vibrations anywhere in the boat, it looked killer, it rode killer, it hauled 4 of us around
    with a full tank of gas and ran over 70 mph without getting above 4500 rpm. I have never been this impressed by a boat.
    I know that Gene and Mike and Lenny build and service some of
    the best looking and straightest v bottoms on the planet but you really need to ride in one to know the difference. I was very
    pleasantly surprised. Driving cats and tunnel bottom deckboats all week is great and I never thought I'd like another v bottom.
    I was wrong.
    If you're looking for a fast, great riding--(never use the trim tabs) lake boat, Howard Boats has a winner!
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    Lake Havasu City
    928-680-1400

BENZEEN
    Keith,
    Did you guys ever let her loose to see just how fast she'd go? Also, did you notice what kind of speed you saw at 3500 RPM?
    By the way, very cool of you to praise the competition. But I guess that is because you have confidence in your product. If my memory serves me correct, the two 27 foot Conquests tested in Hot Boat last year put up some great numbers as well. I Believe both boats posted 68mph behind the 496HO.
    -Vik

roln 20s
    Keith-
    Very professional post and observation. Conquest makes a great boat, as does Howard. I love to hear companies praise others That was a gorgeous Howard- definately one of my favorites.
    Roln 20s

dicudmore
    Keith, thanks for the input. Industry opinion can be hard to get sometimes as people don't want to bash or praise a competitors product.

dr. margarita
    Originally posted by Keith E. Sayre
    this past weekend, I had the opportunity to help Les John take
    his new 28' Bullett open bow Howard for it's first and then second
    rides. His boat was the one at the LA boatshow with orange and blues in it. what a fantastic boat!
    As some of you may know, I've sold boats for years and I've sold
    alot of 28' v bottom boats new and used like Eliminators, Nordics,
    Sleeks, Magics, Scarab, Fountain, etc etc etc. Most of them have
    something that I have liked or disliked after driving them. But
    none of them compares to what I droven on Saturday and Sunday. The boat rolled over onto plane with the HP500 very
    quickly, it took a very deliberate and immediate set and then
    it ate up the occasional rollers and tour boat wakes like they
    weren't there. There wasn't a rattle or any vibrations anywhere in the boat, it looked killer, it rode killer, it hauled 4 of us around
    with a full tank of gas and ran over 70 mph without getting above 4500 rpm. I have never been this impressed by a boat.
    I know that Gene and Mike and Lenny build and service some of
    the best looking and straightest v bottoms on the planet but you really need to ride in one to know the difference. I was very
    pleasantly surprised. Driving cats and tunnel bottom deckboats all week is great and I never thought I'd like another v bottom.
    I was wrong.
    If you're looking for a fast, great riding--(never use the trim tabs) lake boat, Howard Boats has a winner!
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    Lake Havasu City
    928-680-1400
    SAVE THIS POST!! That Bullet looked great in the water!

DogHouse
    Originally posted by roln 20s
    Keith-
    Very professional post and observation. Conquest makes a great boat, as does Howard. I love to hear companies praise others That was a gorgeous Howard- definately one of my favorites.
    Roln 20s
    Oh Roln, you're such a HOWARD slut!!!

dr. margarita
    That's OK Roln, so am I. Nice talkin to you on the phone dude. Keep in touch! You going to havasu in March!

roln 20s
    Oh Roln, you're such a HOWARD slut!!!
    Yes I am! Just like a typical slut, I know my role
    You should get out of that Magic and become one too
    That's OK Roln, so am I. Nice talkin to you on the phone dude. Keep in touch! You going to havasu in March!
    Let me know what weekend you are going in March, and I'll try and make it one of those days to ride in the Bullett. I wonder when Killer V is going next. You know? I'd like to ride in the boat that Keith is talking about too!
    Roln 20s <--- a Howard Slut

roln 20s

DogHouse
    Originally posted by roln 20s
    Yes I am! Just like a typical slut, I know my role
    You should get out of that Magic and become one too
    Roln 20s <--- a Howard Slut
    Now why would I want to go and do a silly thing like that!
    Nice idea, but come to think about, a Howard may be a bit above my "station" in life... :cry:
    How long you figure it'll be before the insurance companies figure out that the "bullet" is just as fast as most "cats" and start refusing to insure them?
    I'll just buy another Cheetah, shouldn't be a problem insuring one of those!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast