Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottom work done-Pump Parts being Blasted

HotHallet
    My boat is coming along. The motor is almost finished as the long block is complete. Just need to finish the valvetrain assembly and put the intake, carbs and igntion in and get it on the dyno. Should have some #'s by the end of next week. Jeff Bennett came down this weekend and we flipped the boat over and he did the bottom work. It came out sweet and I picked up my bowl and suction plate on Monday. They went to the sandblaster today and should be powdercoated by this weekend. Then the boat can go back to MPD and the pump will go back in. Next week the boat goes to TRG for the bilge to be sprayed and then the rest should go back together fairly easily. I can't wait. I'll post pics of the bottom work soon.

XClutchboy725
    How's it goin' Travis?
    Is Bennet the guy who did Randy's bottom work?
    I'm thinkin' I may need some of that!
    (this sounds kinda gay doesn't it?)

HotHallet
    What's up Jeff? Yeah that's him. He is well known for bottom work on these old boats. Does great work. My boat is coming along nicely and will hopefully be done and ready for water in about a month.

HBjet
    Jeff Bennett also did TomB (Tom Bandy's) Hallett and that thing is just under 100mph in the 1/4 mile with less then 700hp. It's a totally different feeling once you drive the boat after the bottom work. For one, it's really loose feeling at first.... responsive to the slightest touch. Another is the hull will coast further, so take that into consideration when coming up to a beach or another boat. when coming off plain.
    Post pics if you got them!
    HBjet

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by HotHallet
    and then the rest should go back together fairly easily.
    Famous last words. I think you just jinxed yourself.

HotHallet
    Your probably right. these things never go as smooth as planned but I am way further than I was a few months ago.

XClutchboy725
    Thanks Guys! What's his Number?

Boater Bill
    Travis - who is the first "victim" on your list?
    Can't wait to see it run!

MudPumper
    Pics, we need pics!!!!!!!

HotHallet
    I know you guys are jonesing for pics. I'll get them up soon. I need someone to help me cause I am so computer illiterate. BoaterBill i am not planning on punishing anybody except my wallet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast