Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motor choices

HBjet
    Does anyone even make aftermarket parts for the 496? Like heads, crank, cam, etc....? I didn't think anyone did yet. If that sitll stands, I would stay away from the 496 and go with the 540. If a year later your not happy, you already have a good foundation to build something more powerful.
    HBjet

Yeah, it was a bit of boost. Scared me to death. It was a 6 cylinder Alis Chambers, diesel. I did the camshaft and designed a shaft rocker system for it. Never dynoed, but a good guess would put it a 3500HP.
    HB, Cranks, rods and pistons are available aftermarket, but that is all I know of at this time. We do have to do a dry sump for it for someone, I can't remember who.
    Chris

gnarley
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Havasu47
    Charley, you, unlike Chris, myself and many other posters have no "hands on" experience with many of your opinions. I ask questions and look for answers and have read a lot on the WI subject. I asked Chris a question and you responded in a personal sarcastic attack on me. There are many, many people on both sides of the WI fence and you have chosen yours and attack mine.
    It just seems so curious though that with so many smart people building and maintaining their own high performance boats that more of them haven’t tried WI when it has been tried and used in so many other areas. And if I am making a comment or searching for an answer I don’t appreciate personal attacks.
    By the way, please enlighten us with all those auto manufacturers that have decided to use water injection on their production cars in 2004? Man are you cynical? The preferred method of cooling by manufactures is fuel dumping and EGR. I don’t think that we can judge auto manufactures as providing the best equipment on cars sold to the general public and they will find the cheapest way to make something work. The point was that it has been used in the past by auto manufactures.
    Because fuel dumping does work, they are able to avoid the additional complexity that water injection presents. For the average driver the system required is more complex to maintain for those who do not properly maintain their cars.
    If it didn’t work why would every World Rally Car factory sponsored team use it in competition?
    Yep, I gave up on water injection. As I said before, after much testing. You should try it sometime. Its to bad you gave up, you might have found something that really worked. Think of all the innovators that didn’t give up on an idea and kept trying after failure upon failure and finally succeeded. People who didn’t give up after everyone told them they were crazy. People like the Wright brothers, Thomas Edison, Soichiro Honda, Jim Hall, Smokey Yunick, Ole Evinrude and Carl Kiekhaefer to name a few. They were all innovators who didn’t give up on an idea and worked on it until it was perfected!
    Winners never quit and quiters never win I think Tony Robbins says something like that and I heard it long before he did.
    That's original. Spoken like a true armchair quarterback. Never heard it before? It was said a lot when I was involved in racing. Quarterback? You have no idea.
    As far as winning goes. We do it, you read about it, then tell us how it should be done. Read about what? If your successful share your stories on how well your doing, it’s great to hear about other peoples success.
    Hey, here's an idea, bring your "Blown Fourwinns" to the BBSP at Havasu, turn up the boost, add water injection, and kick everybody's ass. Then you can speak from experience.
    Now that’s pretty funny and sarcastic

Lets keep this on topic and leave the quote wars for the sandbar or bench racers please. Who said what, who did what, etc etc etc does not belong in gear heads. There's a place for it. Gear heads is not the place. Thanks

Hotcrusader76
    Who let the varmits in? .....HOSS? Where in the hell is HOSS

Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
    Who let the varmits in? .....HOSS? Where in the hell is HOSS
    I don't think it's Hoss this time Ty. He's busy dryin his shorts out (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=40579)
    Seems he tried water injection and it worked a little too good.

Havasu47
    But it would be so easy to.......
    Alright I'm sorry, I'll be good:yuk:
    Can I have dessert now?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123