Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Havasu Water Level - Watch OUT!

Essex502
    Folks...we were on the water this weekend in Havasu and wanted to warn all of you on a hazard we found(?) near the Lake Havasu Marina. We were exiting the Marina in our 21' Essex and struck on underwater object which I think was only a "dirt"bar just outside the Marina entrance between the first bouy from the left and the middle "fat" bouy. Luckily we were idling (no wake zone) and did minor damage to the prop's blades that should be simple to clean up. The drive was down and our draft isn't all that deep so bigger boats might have even more trouble. I have to admit I wasn't paying attention to how deep the water is right at that spot but being so close to the Marina entrance and the bouys marking the entrance I wasn't worried. I shoulda' been.
    The water level looks a lot lower than the reported elevations on the government websites. Use extreme caution. It got very shallow in the channel past the bridge going northwards as well.

Kachina26
    Wow, I guess my depth finder wasn't acting goofy. I found some 3.5 foot areas near where you were describing this weekend. That woulda put a damper on the maiden voyage!

LUVNLIFE
    Originally posted by Essex502
    Folks...we were on the water this weekend in Havasu and wanted to warn all of you on a hazard we found(?) near the Lake Havasu Marina. We were exiting the Marina in our 21' Essex and struck on underwater object which I think was only a "dirt"bar just outside the Marina entrance between the first bouy from the left and the middle "fat" bouy. Luckily we were idling (no wake zone) and did minor damage to the prop's blades that should be simple to clean up. The drive was down and our draft isn't all that deep so bigger boats might have even more trouble. I have to admit I wasn't paying attention to how deep the water is right at that spot but being so close to the Marina entrance and the bouys marking the entrance I wasn't worried. I shoulda' been.
    The water level looks a lot lower than the reported elevations on the government websites. Use extreme caution. It got very shallow in the channel past the bridge going northwards as well.
    You mean we can't trust the government Thanks for the info, no one wants to jack up their boat.

ACCEPTENCE
    Hummm???
    I was on the river today and yesterday and it was higher then it has been recently.
    I would have guessed the lake would have been coming up too.
    Anyone know if the ramp construction near the dam is complete and is the lake leval getting back to normal yet???

cola
    The concrete work looked done. Two lanes & a funkie concrete dock in the middle. I hope the use of the ramp by ? is worth the loss in revenue to Havasu. No parking at take-off Point to speek of.
    Late, Mike

Dusty Times
    I can't say I'll be putting my 38' in Havasu again until the water is up more. They say it is at normal level for this time of year but no thanks after this last weekend.

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
    Hummm???
    I was on the river today and yesterday and it was higher then it has been recently.
    I would have guessed the lake would have been coming up too.
    Anyone know if the ramp construction near the dam is complete and is the lake leval getting back to normal yet???
    I remember hearing that the upper part of the river is actually gonna be higher than normal for awhile as they fill the lake

PlyaPlya22
    Originally posted by Kachina26
    Wow, I guess my depth finder wasn't acting goofy. I found some 3.5 foot areas near where you were describing this weekend. That woulda put a damper on the maiden voyage!
    Hey Randy,
    It was nice meetin you and the family this weekend. Hopefully we'll hang out some more this year!

Kachina26
    Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
    Hey Ray,
    It was nice meetin you and the family this weekend. Hopefully we'll hang out some more this year! Yeah, that was cool. My boy got a kick out of hanging with the other kids in the channel. Tell Mel I want to see some updates on that thread we were talking about.

ChumpChange
    Plya & Katchina
    It was definately a nice weekend to chill in Havasu! Where were you guys on Sunday? Hung over from Saturday watchin the fireworks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast