Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: REGAL boats. Any good???

J DAWG
    Looking for my 1st boat and just want a small ski boat to start off with. There's a dealer on the coast that has a new 2004 Regal 1800 with the 3.0 liter and an aluminum single axle trailer for $15K.
    Is Regal a good boat?
    Is this a resonable price?

bordsmnj
    some of those family bowrider type boats are so so with a 4.3 liter but 18' with a 3.0 is grossly under powerd. with 4 peeps i but you'd have a hard timne getting on plain never mind pulling a skier. i'd hafta pass on that one. just my humble opinion but in 5-6 years that boat will be worth almost nada.regal so far as i know isn't a bad name mind you, you just gotta watch under powering. now i got some lurking to do.

Mandelon
    That's a pretty puny motor. Can you get the 4.3 instead?
    (Just play along. They like that)

bordsmnj
    can you whipple or add nitros to one of those 4.3's?

J DAWG
    Originally posted by bordsmnj
    can you whipple or add nitros to one of those 4.3's?
    Forced induction is a good thing. The 4.3 is available and I think there is only a $2500 difference.. HP mods for any motor would be a plus.

framer1
    I think I would look around for a used Lavey, Cole, Carrera etc. about 20 feet with a 350 in it. A bravo 1 also. Probably get one for five to seven more thousand more than the Regal. It will definatly hold it's value better. IMHO

HOSS
    I really like the innovations Regal has done with their hull designs. But they are now about 6-7 years running without changes. Way overpriced. Buy a used one that you won`t mind experimenting with. PM me if you need more info on dealers.

Tom Brown
    I couldn't agree more with these guys with regards to the 3.0l being too small. This is particularly true given the Viper and Hemi Ram in your sig.

J DAWG
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    I couldn't agree more with these guys with regards to the 3.0l being too small. This is particularly true given the Viper and Hemi Ram in your sig.
    you busted me. I thought I would get a nice little starter boat before I jumped into a big blown vessel. Just looking to get a little experience behind the wheel. Kinda like when I purchased a corvette before hoping into the Viper.
    As most have said, it appears the 4.3 would be a better choice in this particular boat, if I choose this one.

J DAWG
    Originally posted by HOSS
    I really like the innovations Regal has done with their hull designs. But they are now about 6-7 years running without changes. Way overpriced. Buy a used one that you won`t mind experimenting with. PM me if you need more info on dealers.
    I visited Ocean Marine group in Ocean Springs and the guys took alot of time going over everything with me.
    So is $15K to much or $17.5K for the 4.3? I would like to buy new.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast