Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REGAL boats. Any good???

HOSS
    If you gotta buy new I guess not. But I would try Travis Marine also. They just about 2 months ago file for bankruptcy. Reorganization. You could prob swing a deal.

LASERRAY
    If You Havent Looked At Bayliner Lately, Look Again!

HOSS
    Don`t do that. For a 26 cabin boat they wanted 69K at the New Orleans boat show. The toilet worked. At least the lid.

J DAWG
    HOSS, have all the boat shows come and gone in the South?
    I will be in the Houston area and down to Corpus Christi soon. Is there a site that lists national shows or do you know of any?

HOSS
    Call Arthur Hosli in Slidell he may have a boat you like. If not he can get one for you or put you in touch with someone. PM`d you.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by HOSS
    Don`t do that. For a 26 cabin boat they wanted 69K at the New Orleans boat show. The toilet worked. At least the lid. $ 69,000? Must have been the super sweet gelcoat job. I didn't know that plastic was THAT expensive!

dicudmore
    Originally posted by J DAWG
    Looking for my 1st boat and just want a small ski boat to start off with. There's a dealer on the coast that has a new 2004 Regal 1800 with the 3.0 liter and an aluminum single axle trailer for $15K.
    Is Regal a good boat?
    Is this a resonable price?
    You can buy other boats w/3.0 considerably less than that.
    I think the 18-foot Stingray is about 10k plus tax etc and for a family bowrider is a NICE boat. The only thing about those type boats is they generally won't run much over 50 and at 18 feet aren't the smoothest riding boats on the water.

Kilrtoy
    I was just about to say STINGRAY,
    That was my first boat and it was great for a learning exper.
    It will run around 43MPH with that motor. Believe me you dont want to go any faster than that in that boat.
    GREAT LEARNING BOAT and is very cheap to get in to.....

dicudmore
    43 full of people and pulling a tube....
    50 trimmed, light on gas and people. stainless prop, etc.
    Remember when boats were cheap to run???

J DAWG
    The saleman took us out in it and it went around 44-45 with 4 people in it with the 3.0. He said the 4.3 would be good for around 53-54 stock.
    Nice boat and the majority of time we will just be tubing and docking. Not gonna be to much skiing going on. That's to much work
    I am going do some calling around and check on the other brands mentioned. MS is not the mecca of boat dealers, so it is hard to see many different boats in person.....well other than bayliner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast