Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designer Marine Interiors

Coach
    Has anyone used Designer Marine Interiors in Corona? I think I have the name correct. I was told they did many of the interiors for Commander Boats in the earlly 90's and I need to get a few seat cushions redone this winter. I just want to make sure they do good work before I take it down to them.

JLaughreySS24
    They do a great job. They do all of HTM's interior and Im happy with mine. Ive had two boats done by them and dont have any complaints. Good Luck!!

clownpuncher
    A buddy of mine is having his whole interior done by them as we speak. So far he's happy, they're on schedule and the price was right. He's having lots of work done, new seats including bases, bow rail, speaker install. I'll try to keep you posted after I hear from him. He's on the boards too, doesn't post but lurks like a mo fo. He goes by "T-deck"

twistedpair
    If it's the guys that did my friends '95 Commander, they do great work! Nice thick vinyl, and it still looks brand new. Seams are still perfect, too.

BADBLOWN572
    They do good work, usually expensive, and the guy who runs it is freequently difficult to deal with.

BoatFloating
    I'm not that happy with the job they do. They seem to cut corners to save money. I speak from experiance, they've done 3 of my boats. Before you ask why did you keep going back I'll just say I had no choice, that's who the boat builder used for their interiors. I would get some other choices. Bad Blown is correct the guy who manages the place is the not the best to deal with, nothing is every his fault.

rivercrazy
    Some of the best work I've seen by outside interior contractors is Dave's Custom Marine Interiors.
    You might even call Shockwave as they do their own interiors inhouse. They might be able to help and do outstanding work as well

Steamin' Rice
    Back in 1995 I had Designer Marine Interiors build an interior for a 21' Hallett. This was a bare hull with no interior, so they had to buid the interior from scratch. I showed them some pics from a magazine with what I wanted, and mentioned a few specific items I wanted and left the boat with them. Two weeks later the boat was complete and everything turned out great. I was happy with the work that they did and it was ready when they said it would be, at the price we had agreed on. Over the years, the interior held up fairly well except for a few minor issues. I was happy with them nd their service back then, I don't know if they do the same level of work now or not.

Coach
    I talked with Ross on the phone then took my stuff down to him today. He was very helpful and knowledgeable about what I needed done. I am reupholstering 2 seat cushions from my 1992 commander. DMI is the company that did the original work. He named the type of vinyl he used and the years he was using it. I was very impressed he could remember that. I will give and update after the work is completed.

BowTie Rick
    They did mine 2 years ago and I was / still am very happy with it. The price was fair and it was done the day they promised it. I bought an unfinished, bare hull. They did a great job with a boat they had never even done before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast