Thread: Bartending school second week update...

HighRoller
    Gettin excited now! I took another 12 drink speed test today, and it didn't even feel like I was going that fast. After I finished my instructor asked what I thought my time was and I said 4 minutes 30 seconds. He showed me the watch and it was 3 minutes 36 seconds! For reference, the best time ever is 2 minutes 56 seconds so I was jazzed! I might actually have a shot at the record!!

dr. margarita
    Good luck dude. When your ready, I'll give you my Marg recipe...you'll be a legend!

HighRoller
    Right on... anyone else with unique or legendary recipes should give them to me. I'm in the process of choosing a "signature drink".

XTRM22
    2 min. 56 sec.? damn, I don't think I could pop 12 beers that fast! I guess that's why the bartenders made more then the bouncers huh? It does sound like a fun way to make a living, but I think I saw Cocktail to many times.
    Chuck

68campbell
    3 min 36 sec. Thats pretty quick. Making drinks that fast all night will really wear you out though. My bartenders are usually beat after the shift.

spectratoad
    Originally posted by HighRoller
    Gettin excited now! I took another 12 drink speed test today, and it didn't even feel like I was going that fast.
    Are you sure you are in school and this is not some sort of Havasu Pretraining.

HighRoller
    3 min 36 sec. Thats pretty quick. Making drinks that fast all night will really wear you out though. My bartenders are usually beat after the shift.
    Actually, the funny thing is I wasn't going that fast. My instructor has hammered into me from day one never to pour just one alcohol at once if possible. If you group your drinks you make less trips to the shelves and don't pick up your gun and juices as much. I guessed my time was four minutes or more because I was so relaxed. Today I did it the same speed and got 3 minutes 20 seconds. Just because a guy is moving fast doesn't make him a fast bartender. I could hold this pace all night.

cruser
    I spent 5 years tending bar in my youth and you do get pretty wore out on a Fri/Sat night in a busy bar. Organization is the key. Get the bar set up like you want it. Let me know when you get your first job. I'll come by for moral support.
    cruzer

sandblasted
    After spending 4 days in New Orleans for Mardi Gras I have developed a taste for Hurricanes and Hand Grenades...although it is not wise to mix the 2!
    I can pick up the Hurricane mix in stores but still don't what is in a Hand Grenade...Any idea?