Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tunnel Ram injection system

Jake W
    Dan good question we went from tapping and bending injection lines hooking up pumps to building a electronic board.
    Iam starting to sweat.
    Jake

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Jake W
    Dan good question we went from tapping and bending injection lines hooking up pumps to building a electronic board.
    Iam starting to sweat.
    Jake
    You going to run this dealio on a ford? if so, you have some options. You can pick up a ford efi for a big block, which btw would work very well with a cintrfugal. Anywho, get the harness and the pump and all that shit from the doner truck. Shit can the ecu that cam with it and I had it written down which ecu to use but you can get ahold of Dennis at reinhart automotive.
    I talked to him about this, and since you cant run an 02 sensor you have to run in open loop, there is an ecu that will allow you to do this, he can burn a chip that will plug right into the ecu and since you need to fatten on the top end he can do this as well.
    If you need a bit more fuel after a plug check you can go with a adjustable fuel reg and put some more in, since you are in open loop the ecu wont compensate for it and back it down.
    Or buy the motorsport programable that piggy backs a stock ecu.

Oh my god..............did you go to that page for instructions Jake. I did a copy/paste into word to see how many pages it is...............
    42 pages of instructions. Make damned sure you don't get one single component installed in the wrong place or mix up the legs on a transistor or put an electrolytic capacitor in backwards. It could potentially be the ol Pooof syndrome. Down the drain the first time you put power to it.
    Never ever let the magic smoke out of your components. They don't like that either.
    Pair o carbs is sounding better n better all the time.

Jake W
    Blown are you talking about putting a EFI MANIFOLD from lets say a Truck on my FORD or just the components hooked and plumbed to a Tunnel Ram?
    Can any one tell me how much a Birdcatcher would run I am sure I could make my own plate to connect it to the tunnel Ram or SB Products (Brian )could make one for me.
    I really want to thank you guys for putting foruth these good ideas.
    Jake

Jake W
    Dan holey shit that is some length yea a SHEETMETAL intake and Dominator with a fogger system is looking pretty trick the more I read
    I still like the idea of seeing all thoes plumbed lines.
    You can not tell me you are not looking at your newley aquired tunnel ram a little diffrent now.
    Jake

Blown 472
    Blown are you talking about putting a EFI MANIFOLD from lets say a Truck on my FORD or just the components hooked and plumbed to a Tunnel Ram?
    Can any one tell me how much a Birdcatcher would run I am sure I could make my own plate to connect it to the tunnel Ram or SB Products (Brian )could make one for me.
    I really want to thank you guys for putting foruth these good ideas.
    Jake
    Either or, you could get bungs welded in a tunnel ram, set up the throttle postion sensor on the bug catcher and go that route or use the truck stuff.
    There is someone that does that on intakes, cant think of who it is but I have seen it done to a bunch of them.
    You could have the best of both worlds, starts without primeing it, idles like a dream, kicks ass and looks bitchen.

Dan holey shit that is some length yea a SHEETMETAL intake and Dominator with a fogger system is looking pretty trick the more I read
    I still like the idea of seeing all thoes plumbed lines.
    You can not tell me you are not looking at your newley aquired tunnel ram a little diffrent now.
    Jake
    I'll wait ta see yours buddy.

100mph
    Don't dial 911 yet, take a few deep breaths and relax a min.
    OK yes it looks tough, but 7700 bucks is reasonable figure for factory built system.
    There are some expenses that can't be avoided. Say you drop 1500 on injectors, manifold, and pump plumbing etc, that leaves lots to build ecm, 300 bucks each. its mostly like building model read directions, and soder, not glue, (OK THAT A LITTLE OVERSIMPLIFIED) but I would imagine that with little more looking, maybe on the yahoo group someone is willing to do assembly and bench test the board unit, for fee. Then its same dealio as using big three ecm, from salvage yard wreck, (which is also very viable alternative), I also see no particular reason one couldn't use GM obd2, or ford or mopar parts, just a matter of which is most "HOTRODABLE" I know there has been a lot of stuff done with GM stuff on Z28s and Vettes. Just a thought to get people thinking, and maybe save some bucks. Is it easy duhno yet, is it reliable duno that either yet, is it Cheap (relatively speaking) yes, can all money spent on rest of fuel system be save by Buying pro made ECM if all else fails YES. Just seems viable to me, I am going to build one for myself for an old "83" model beater PU that I have to replace carb and play with it if it works there then another one will end up on my Tahiti, maybe even with blower as well.
    Dan

Jake W
    It seems that the draw back on the injection system would be
    1 Hard to start,fix N2O silanoide to prime it
    2Fast idleing, but in a jet thats not a really big problem
    As a guess what RPM would you think one of these injection systems idle?
    Blown it sounds like you are on to something doable with a good find at a junk yard (mabey a dump truck motor or something)and the cost of a Bird catcher and tunnel ram I wonder what that would end up costing?
    Dan I have a Victor intake Biggs carb,100 shot of N2O.a SB products 2 inch spacer and REX SS scoop I will be running this summer.This project will be in the find and buy the parts stage till next winter I am afraide.
    Jake

Blown 472

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast