Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tunnel Ram injection system

Dan I have a Victor intake Biggs carb,100 shot of N2O.a SB products 2 inch spacer and REX SS scoop I will be running this summer.This project will be in the find and buy the parts stage till next winter I am afraid.
    Well that says it all right there. Sorry I didn't realize it was a future project.
    Blown and 100 mph. I certainly didn't mean to belittle the ideas. I'm the president of the K.I.S.S. club. That's about all my feeble mind can handle. That and my don't fiddle with it.......drive it, drive it, drive it, mindset keeps me from over complicating things too much.
    If ya do'er Jake, it'll definitely be a one off cool lookin deal. It would sure get my attention if I were to see it at the lake.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    Well that says it all right there. Sorry I didn't realize it was a future project.
    Blown and 100 mph. I certainly didn't mean to belittle the ideas. I'm the president of the K.I.S.S. club. That's about all my feeble mind can handle. That and my don't fiddle with it.......drive it, drive it, drive it, mindset keeps me from over complicating things too much.
    If ya do'er Jake, it'll definitely be a one off cool lookin deal. It would sure get my attention if I were to see it at the lake.
    No problemo, I am always thinking of stuff, I was noodling a injected 429 in my 93 lincoln and was looking into different stuff.

sdba069
    It's all what you want to do and how much you want to spend. We ahve several guys that hang out here on the Brazos with constant flow injected lake boats and the don't seem to be having problems. You can do it with gas, but I personally prefer alky. I don't know who told you that idle is a problem, but that is total bull. I can idle that monster 632 in our Olds below 800 RPM no problen and it has well over .800 lift. True you have to run it rich at idle due to no accelerator pump but that hasn't proven to be much of a problem either. I won't argue that an EFI system would be more user friendly on a lake boat, but any worthwhile proven system is big money. There are some economical systems out there, but generally there are programming problems associated with them and usually very little customer support. hey man, go with what yo like and don't worry about what anybody else thinks about it. That's kinda like" What color should I paint my boat?" Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help.

MAXIMUS
    Mechanical fuel injection works excellent if you take the time to set it up properly! I would have to agree that a really good electronic system is spendy & also not really that cool looking! Havasu 47 could enlighten you a bunch on this subject! As for mechanical injection it works!
    Blown to answer your question it runs like a dream. Never fowled a plug or had a problem starting it! Idles all day long between 1000 & 2800 (surge) very good cool factor. I have spent a lot of time on the bypass valve springs & shims as well as the primer system! Basically all the myths have been put to rest! And yes it could BIOTCH slap a few of those crazy little wackas!

superdave013
    If you want to do it then do it. It won't be that bad. I ran a little pump with a check valve to prime my fuel system. Hit the starter and the fuel and bam! it's running.
    If it's a hot rod deal and not the main ski boat in the group why not. Take a chance and be different.
    Here's a pic of my last set up that was in my lake hot rod.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...jpnengine1.jpg

Unchained
    When I was concidering one of the Enderle mechanical systems 4 years ago. I called Good Vibrations Motorsports and Jim talked me out of it. I appreciated the fact that he was interested in my application rather then making a sale.
    There is a guy who posts here occasionally and a year ago he bought a new Enderle unit for his blown flatbottom. He refered to all the best advise he could get on the board here but he told me that the difficult starting, high idle speed, and bad drivability were just too much to work with so he took it off and runs carbs again. He did get some real impressive pictures of it on the trailer though.
    EFI is the future and sooner or later we will all be using it
    (except for the Vdrive guys)
    So you might as well get to know it and understand it.

superdave013
    I put lots of hours on mine. But I do agree that EFI is the way to go. But i also raced mine from time to time and EFI was a no no with the them.

Unchained
    That raises a question, why would EFI be outlawed in IHBA and NHRA?
    Do they feel that the EFI setups will outperform and obsolete all others?
    I seen a thing on TV wednesday of a guy who was building a twin turbo EFI 4 cylinder funny car that would run on alky and nitro.
    He claimed he could make over 4000 hp with it.
    Problem was there was no class for it so he was going to run exhibitions.

Havasu47
    Originally posted by MAXIMUS
    Blown are you trying to say this is not a recreational piece???http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...e_pic4-med.jpg
    Max, I've seen that boat before???
    Blown, O2 sensors can be, and are, run in boats
    Jake, Max has his dialed in as good as anyone ever has for pleasure use. The blower and engine set up makes his work. Without a blower and having a milder setup (correct me if I'm wrong) will make mech injection a little more difficult to tune. You can have the same cool look, hat and everything, with the drivability of EFI.
    Just my .02

superdave013
    Originally posted by Unchained
    That raises a question, why would EFI be outlawed in IHBA and NHRA?
    Do they feel that the EFI setups will outperform and obsolete all others?
    I seen a thing on TV wednesday of a guy who was building a twin turbo EFI 4 cylinder funny car that would run on alky and nitro.
    He claimed he could make over 4000 hp with it.
    Problem was there was no class for it so he was going to run exhibitions.
    I can't give you the answer. And I don't know about the IHBA and NHRA. But if you lived out here and wanted to race your boat at NJBA in BGJ you couldn't with your EFI set up.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast