Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tunnel Ram injection system

superdave013
    Originally posted by Havasu47
    Max, I've seen that boat before???
    Blown, O2 sensors can be, and are, run in boats
    Jake, Max has his dialed in as good as anyone ever has for pleasure use. The blower and engine set up makes his work. Without a blower and having a milder setup (correct me if I'm wrong) will make mech injection a little more difficult to tune. You can have the same cool look, hat and everything, with the drivability of EFI.
    Just my .02
    I bet that hat EFI system cost close to if not more then Jake's boat did.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Havasu47
    Max, I've seen that boat before???
    Blown, O2 sensors can be, and are, run in boats
    Jake, Max has his dialed in as good as anyone ever has for pleasure use. The blower and engine set up makes his work. Without a blower and having a milder setup (correct me if I'm wrong) will make mech injection a little more difficult to tune. You can have the same cool look, hat and everything, with the drivability of EFI.
    Just my .02
    Really? where would you put it so it wouldn't get wet?

Jake W
    Thanks agine for the info guys it is good to read the good and bad of the injection.
    I am pertty dead set on doing the mec injction.The look of it just cant be beat with wires and such.I do like the pic of the injection that Info posted up for 7700 but holey shit that is some dough for the few parts it comes with.And I think I have a line on most of the parts for around 800 bucks except the Tunnel ram if they are still around when I get the cash for them if not I will start buying new.
    SuperDave that is a relly nice set up I really like all the lines on that thing.And thanks for the info too.
    One question I have is How much is a Birdcatcher or does any one have a link for one to price.
    SDBA069 thanks for the encouragment and thanks for the offering of help I am most likely to need it.
    Jake

sdba069
    You are welcome. I'll do some price checking and get back to you. Are you going to run a cam or belt driven pump? Also recommend a lean out due to the fact that a jet reaches max RPM instantly. I know guys that run without it, but I wouldn't. I personally like the belt drive pump setup. I hate running anything off the front of the cam. Let's see, birdcatcher, 80A pump, fuel shut-off, lean out, pump drive, and a jet assortment, that should do it aside from the supply and return hoses. The birdcatcher/ tunnel ram kit comes with the barrel valve, distribution block, tubing, nozzles, and nozzle holders. The tunnel ram kit also comes with a seperate main pill holder and the pill in the barrel valve is blank. I'll see what I can find out for you.

Unchained
    Originally posted by superdave013
    I can't give you the answer. And I don't know about the IHBA and NHRA. But if you lived out here and wanted to race your boat at NJBA in BGJ you couldn't with your EFI set up.
    I looked up the NJBA rulebook to see of they gave a reason why they would not allow EFI.
    The only thing I found that related to it was for Pro Mod and faster classes.
    The rules said that the injection system could not be controlled by the exhaust gasses (closed loop).
    I didn't see anything that said no EFI systems.
    Maybe I missed something, Those pdf files aren't my favorite to read through.

MoparSanger
    Here is a EFI tunnel ram that will be going on my boat. Just need to get a few more part for the motor.

LUVNLIFE
    I've been following this thraed and thanks for everyones input. I myself have a 468, roller cam 737/740 lift and soon to be aluminum heads. I was going to go with the Enderle injection since I have the tunnel ram and I sold the carbs off of it. They were to small. Keep the info coming guys. Cale

sdba069
    Cool................

TIMINATOR
    Why would you want to have the grief of a constant flow injection set-up and not the gains from the tuned ram effect? Not to say it can't be setup by someone knowledgable and work well, but again, the individual runner setup will make more power. You tune the ram to make the most HP at the rpm your pump turns. The ram effect is usually good for 25-40+hp and looks way cooler than a tunnelram in my opinion. Me, I'm doing an EFI conversion on a Crower stack injection, and will have a whole lot less than $7000 in it when complete, and that also includes the Super Pro Shot Fogger system too! If anyone is interested I'll post pics, or call or PM me. P.S i'm also doing an EFI- Enderle stack setup on my Northstar powered Track-T roadster. TIMINATOR

INEEDAV
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42604
    This may be something for you guys to keep an eye on.
    Billy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast