Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battery Mounting

Kindsvater Flat
    Can you guys post some pics of how your battery is mounted. Mine is mounted between the motor and the rear transom. I don't think I will be able to clear a blower belt with it there.
    Any ideas?

Fiat48
    I mount mine outside the stringer, passenger side. This is the best pic I got.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CF0004-med.JPG

P-Money
    Mine is also on the passenger side on the outside of the stringer. The battery is not in the boat in this pic, but you can faintly see the marks on the floor behind the passenger seat (looks like a rectangle) where the battery box sits:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ditted-med.JPG

Kindsvater Flat
    Well this might be a bitch for the fact that I want to keep the back to back seats. Maybe I can find a lower profile battery and slide it backwards a bit. Just gonna have to wait and find out.

Heatseeker
    K-Flat, I know mine's a jet, but the battery box mounts lengthwise with a piece of aluminum angle to the stringer, almost against the transom. It was orignally between the stringers, but I'm thinking of putting it on the outboard side. I don't know if that would work for a v-drive or not.
    Funny, that was one of the last things I messed with(figuring battery location) before closing up tonight.

Kindsvater Flat
    I can't put it anywhere near the seats. I don't want the kids close to it in case something happens. I think my best bet is to sink it down lower and slide it under the rear transom a bit. I'm sure I need to move the motor foward a bit also but then again I will sacrafice space for the kids. Can't afford a second boat so I have to keep this somewhat a family boat also.

FlatUgly
    Optima makes whats called a group 51 yellow top deep cycle battery they are very smal about half as deep as a regular battery and put out some impressive #s as far as cranking , check one out u might be able to put it somewhere or run two remotely for more power, plus u can lay them on their sides!. just my two cents

Kindsvater Flat
    We spent alot of money on optima batteries here on the ranch and will never buy another one. I have had better luck with wal-mart. Thanks for the info though.

FlatUgly
    yeah they are picky bastards, gotta treat them just right or , well u know

Heatseeker
    K-Flat, I'll post a pic of what I was talking about tomorrow when I uncover the boat again. It sounds like it might work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast