Thread: outdrive noises

lovemyultra
    I have an Ultra 21 LX with a 454 and a bravo 1 , when it is in nuetral in the water with the drive all the way down it seems to be making alot of noise but Im not sure because I have never heard it run with the hatch up until this weekend,what do you guys think ?

hi luvmyultra,good question when you lift up your hatch inboards do sound pretty noisy.i had a 21ft ultra with a 350 mag stock exhaust and you couldn't even hear the boat running,but when you lifted up the hatch you could hear all kinds of noises.

Havasu Hangin'
    I get noise from my exhaust flappers. Kinda like a clunking and/or rattling. Scary sounding, but no big deal.

ULTRA28
    What kind of noise? Is it a loud chatter only when the drive is all the way down and gets worse when the drive is turned max each way? Does it go away as you trim up?

Racing Ray
    [This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 12, 2002).]

Havasu Hangin'
    Ray- sorry to hear about your subs. A few years ago, my motor pulled out of my stringers, but that's another post...
    [This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited June 12, 2001).]

lovemyultra
    John
    The noise is almost like a very quiet grinding not sure if that is the right word could be operating noise but i only have ran it with the drive down and straight ,but i just want Jason to look at if you think there is a problem Also he hasnt done any adjustments on it yet it has 25 hours now