Thread: Sailing Hawks

riverracerx
    New homes at Havasu.
    Went by the Sailing Hawks signs all weekend, so I emailed them for info. The lady called me back and the single family lots start at 200K. They are on a private drive right down from Windsor on London Bridge Road. Gated. They will all have pretty sweet views of the lake. Pricey though!
    Below them will be pre-constructed townhomes with boat garages. They will be about 300K.
    Looks nice but the only problem is you can't park outside? You have to park your cars in the garage and you get 2 guest spots.
    Looks like they are really starting to develop the town. Too bad the best view lots are all commercial.
    Check out their website for more info:
    Sailing Hawks (http://www.sailinghawks.com)

Havasu_Dreamin
    I'm just curious how many more of these developments will continue to spring up with the prices they are asking? No one, short of a business owner, that lives in town can afford any of these new places.

Froggystyle
    I don't think they are catering to townspeople. They are selling them to us. People from out of town that are looking for a permanent place to put their boats, and call home for regular vacations. I hit the river close to 10 times last year, probably doubling that this year, and I schlepp all of my crap to and from every time.
    I am looking for a place at the river right now. I haven't decided on where yet, but we will definitely be looking at over $400K I'm sure for what we want. I am looking for proximity to an airport, so I can fly in every weekend with only an hour's commute or so. No more radar detectors!!!
    I think the locals are considered the support structure for the resort communities they are building. The developers of these communities probably need to worry less about schools and such and more about where to park boats and add to the local tax base than anything else.

Havasu_Dreamin
    .....but I have trouble seeing people spending the amount of coin you are talking for a vacation home. Maybe I have trouble seeing it becasue I can't spend that kind of coin.

Mandelon
    Froggy, you are planning on selling a lot of Trident boats??? $400K for a vacation home and flying back and forth 20 times a year? In your own plane no doubt.........
    Sure sounds nice.

Mr.Havasu
    Originally posted by Froggystyle
    I don't think they are catering to townspeople. They are selling them to us. People from out of town that are looking for a permanent place to put their boats, and call home for regular vacations. I hit the river close to 10 times last year, probably doubling that this year, and I schlepp all of my crap to and from every time.
    I am looking for a place at the river right now. I haven't decided on where yet, but we will definitely be looking at over $400K I'm sure for what we want. I am looking for proximity to an airport, so I can fly in every weekend with only an hour's commute or so. No more radar detectors!!!
    I think the locals are considered the support structure for the resort communities they are building. The developers of these communities probably need to worry less about schools and such and more about where to park boats and add to the local tax base than anything else.
    Hi Froggy,
    When you get ready to start looking give me a call or a PM. I'd lbe happy to help you find your new place.
    Michele

Mr.Havasu
    Sailing Hawks has had some problems getting off the ground, but seems to be going strong now.
    Personally, I would rather buy in the gated Arnold Palmer Golf Course community just up the street. You can still get a lot on the golf course from 155K to 175K. or an interior lot for just under 100K. Gated community, 13,000 Sq.Ft. club house etc. sounds like a better deal than 200k for Sailing Hawks. The semi custom homes that nationwide builds offers garages up to 60+ feet in depth.
    I was the office manager there since they first started selling lots and have seen alot of good investments first hand. PM me if you want any info on the Refuge.
    Michele

SoCalOffshore
    I just purchased my lot their this past weekend. The Refuge is coming along great.

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
    .....but I have trouble seeing people spending the amount of coin you are talking for a vacation home. Maybe I have trouble seeing it becasue I can't spend that kind of coin.
    Froggy's right. Just look at where I'm at in Lake Arrowhead. I would say well over half of the lakefront homes are vacation homes that are only used a few times a year. These homes average about $1.25 Mil
    We just sold our place to a family that is going to use it as a vacation house. About 80% of the lookers were from out of town looking for a weekend place. It went well over $300k.
    People are making lots of coin on that Cali dirt and they have to spend it somewhere.
    OL

jbtrailerjim
    Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
    No, it's not just you. It's unbelievable what they are gettin for vacation home's in Havasu now and people are buying them. I'd love to own something out there someday but damn the prices are just gettin outrageous. I guess I better get my ass back to work instead of dickin around on here; if I wanna own a place out there someday.:wink: