Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ahh.....the simple life

Nice, I'll stop by some other time

pgf127rt
    Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
    Going out the drive way.
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/flood04.jpg
    KFlat, where does all of the water come from, and is that an annual event? does it ever get up to your house?
    Lots of questions, but that looks like it could do some damage.

Kindsvater Flat
    Originally posted by pgf127rt
    KFlat, where does all of the water come from, and is that an annual event? does it ever get up to your house?
    Lots of questions, but that looks like it could do some damage.
    All the water is rain runoff and comes from the Sacramento River. During the winter months Lake Shasta has to stay at a certain level even though they can hold more. As soon as April 1st rolls around they will hold everything back for the summer. Its not usually a yearly event unless we have continuous rain or it decides to rain at 6000' where the snow is. We've had it flood 3 times in one year here. We have a levee around the main complex of buildings and houses. Normally it will hold water out but we do get some seapage and have to run ditch pumps (not jet related). Back in 84 it actually came over the levee and flooded my house and my parents. Mom's house you opened the front door in 6" of water. The main part of my house was dry but the lower back room had about 10" of water in it. Somewhere there is a picture of all the parents sitting at the bar in my back room in rubber boots. Classic photo. Largest damage would be to the orchards, wheat, and other crops that do not like the large amount of water for long periods. We have about 2-3 acres of onions that are planted but only time will tell if they survive.

LUVNLIFE
    Just out of curiosity how deep is it? A couple of feet?

Kindsvater Flat
    Depends where you are. Behind the house in the slough is about 25' or more. In front of the house can be 6" or up to 4' in the center of the driveway. Anything over 4.5' the tractor will float. Average depth I would say is 2.5' enough for a pickup to float in the current.

BILLY.B
    You know Mike, when I saw this thread I figured Accetance would of been the focal point. Seeing as he does have the SIMPLE LIFE !!!!. If you get stuck in all that water give Greg a call and i'm sure he'd come up and salvage anything for you. Thats if you can reach him on the CAMP ACCEPTANCE RIVER PHONE !!!!

Kindsvater Flat
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    .... you can reach him on the CAMP ACCEPTANCE RIVER PHONE !!!!
    2 coconuts and a string?

BILLY.B
    HELL CHIEF that must be an awful long string. By the time you get thru he'll be home.

ACCEPTENCE
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    You know Mike, when I saw this thread I figured Accetance would of been the focal point. Seeing as he does have the SIMPLE LIFE !!!!. If you get stuck in all that water give Greg a call and i'm sure he'd come up and salvage anything for you. Thats if you can reach him on the CAMP ACCEPTANCE RIVER PHONE !!!!
    Ur killin me there Chiefy.
    I'm a workin kinda guy. I'll salvage anything, anytime, anywhere, it's only money and how badly you want your property back from the deep.
    Oh and for the phone thing just click right there, uh-huh on that banner link below. I'm never further then a phone call away.
    In the meantime...back to work for me.
    What did I hear???...was it the river callin me??? I believe it was .

Back to the river "DUCKY"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast