Thread: ? about the Holiday Inn in LHC

hd&boatrider
    How far a walk is it from the Holiday Inn down to the channel? How about to the restaraunts like Barley Brothers, etc? If it is hot is the walk too much down to the channel and back to the hotel? Is a boat safe in their lot overnight?
    Just trying to get an idea as I have some friends staying there and I will be on the water when they arrive.

Kilrtoy
    How about to the restaraunts like Barley Brothers
    Dont know ,
    but the wife loves to drink their fresh brew......

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    How about to the restaraunts like Barley Brothers
    Dont know ,
    but the wife loves to drink their fresh brew......
    I love that fresh brew also
    Somebody help me out here please.....I am trying to get some logistics together for a trip......

FletchMonster
    Haven't walked to the channel, but I know it's close. When you are in the channel you can just about see the hotel. Was there three times last summer. No problems at all. Very boater friendly. Where you usually see a sign saying "No filling of ice chests" on the ice machine, they say "Please use large ice machine in lobby to fill ice chests". A major time saver and very much appreciated.

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by FletchMonster
    Haven't walked to the channel, but I know it's close. When you are in the channel you can just about see the hotel. Was there three times last summer. No problems at all. Very boater friendly. Where you usually see a sign saying "No filling of ice chests" on the ice machine, they say "Please use large ice machine in lobby to fill ice chests". A major time saver and very much appreciated.
    Free ice That is a big plus.....

BOBALOO
    The holiday inn is just down the street from In N Out next to Super 8, they have ample parking that is as safe as anywhere else. I think someone could walk to the channel fairly quickly if the new construction does not block their shortcut, but if they dont wanna walk the few blocks have them park near the bridge and they're almost there. Some people might have a better description of what route to follow. Have fun, wish I was goin.

shadow
    Just drove it about 10 mins ago .5 mile from holiday inn to parking lot.Also out back tou can walk to the water by the north end of the channel opening about 200yards.

hd&boatrider
    Thanks everybody....seems like we picked out a good hotel to stay at....convinience wise I mean

Mandelon
    Breakfasts there are good too.

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by shadow
    Just drove it about 10 mins ago .5 mile from holiday inn to parking lot.Also out back tou can walk to the water by the north end of the channel opening about 200yards.
    I am sure the girls will be whining the whole way....lol 1/2 mile WTF! I will just be sitting in the boat having a cold one