We have a serious problem in California and it's reaching a fever pitch. The mayor of San Francisco has allowed over 2,700 homosexuals to marry even though it violates the written law of this state!
Where is Bill Lockyer, the Attorney General of California? Why isn't he taking immediate action to stop the lawlessness?!
Where is Governor Schwarzenegger? Why isn't he taking immediate action to stop the lawlessness?!
We are a nation of laws and whether or not you are for or against homosexuals getting married, all of our laws must be obeyed (or changed)!
And now this - the city of San Francisco is going to sue the state of California challenging its ban on same-sex marriages on constitutional grounds. SF City Attorney Dennis Herrera planned to file the suit in the afternoon.
President Bush said, “I strongly believe marriage should be defined as between a man and a woman. I am troubled by activist judges who are defining marriage.”
I personally am completely against allowing homosexuals to marry or be allowed to have a union sanctioned by law. In my opinion, marriage is between a man and a woman only. I am for gay rights (as long as they don't affect others, in the privacy of their own homes, etc.) but I do not believe gay marriages/unions are in any way good for this country.
But right now I am very pissed off at the politicians and judges who are IGNORING LAWS! How about if each guy on this board marries three women tomorrow? And on Saturday we start selling guns on the street to anyone with cash. And then on Sunday we'll sell drugs on the street corner. Which laws are OK to ignore?!!! I guess if you're gay you can do whatever the EFF you want. THAT'S NOT OK IN MY COUNTRY!!!

PS: apparently President Bush may soon speak out for a constitutional amendment against homosexual marriage. I hope that will get this issue done with and kill it once and for all but it looks like there's going to be a brutal and polarizing battle ahead for all of us over the next months. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: